HDMI passthrough card

RoflWaffles02
Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
2 minutes ago, LuBlaBo said:

Have you thougt about a game-capture-card?

There are some good card from elgato. Just google it :)

jup - if you want to "play in a window" then you need a capture card. this might add some display latency tho. 

I am looking for an expansion card for my pc to act as an hdmi passthrough.  Basically I want something to plug my nintendo switch and play it in a window on my pc.  Not sure if this even exists but any help is appreciated.

2 minutes ago, LuBlaBo said:

jup - if you want to "play in a window" then you need a capture card. this might add some display latency tho. 

21 minutes ago, LuBlaBo said:

Im not really interested in capturing gameplay, just playing my switch in a window.

17 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

oh okay so theres nothing out there that just displays, good to know, thanks for the help.

I don't think there a reasonable way to stream your nintendo switch to your pc honestly, sorry I couldn't help.

quite a few monitors have picture in picture mode, so that could be an idea

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, RoflWaffles02 said:

Im not really interested in capturing gameplay, just playing my switch in a window.

I don´t know if there is an other way to put your gamplay from your Switch to your screen o.O

What you want is a PCIe based capture card, and software that can have a viewer open without recording input.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

oh okay so theres nothing out there that just displays, good to know, thanks for the help.

3 minutes ago, RoflWaffles02 said:

for the PC to display live video in a window on your desktop it has to be captured and processed. or streamed to the PC.

"capturing" does not always mean recording - it's the process of turning a video signal back into data a PC can understand - that data can then be displayed or recorded