Decent, free or quite cheap easy to use video editing software

As per the title guys, any recommendations please? Mainly for editing my daughters youtube videos and maybe adding a few special effects.

I heard DaVinci Resolve and Lightwave are very good, are they difficult or time consuming to get to grips with?

I've used both Davinci Resolve and Lightwave. Davinci Resolve definitely gives you more options in the free version than the free version of Lightwave does. I would recommend DaVinci Resolve. If you don't want those, Blender has a video editor too but I've never used it.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

3 minutes ago, purple_rider said:

I've used both Davinci Resolve and Lightwave. Davinci Resolve definitely gives you more options in the free version than the free version of Lightwave does. I would recommend DaVinci Resolve. If you don't want those, Blender has a video editor too but I've never used it.

I use Davinci Resolve as well. There are some really good beginner tutorials on YouTube. I watched two, and that was enough to give me the basics. It's my favorite one. There are a couple others, but they aren't as user friendly or have to make features locked down.

2 hours ago, PeterD1001 said:

As per the title guys, any recommendations please? Mainly for editing my daughters youtube videos and maybe adding a few special effects.

I heard DaVinci Resolve and Lightwave are very good, are they difficult or time consuming to get to grips with?

Obviously the DaVinci Resolve option is good. Personally went for the Adobe Premiere CC total legit way and not downloaded from some place edition. 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

56 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

Obviously the DaVinci Resolve option is good. Personally went for the Adobe Premiere CC total legit way and not downloaded from some place edition. 

Premier isn't cheap nor free last I knew.

11 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Premier isn't cheap nor free last I knew.

1 hour ago, Arcanekitten said:

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

56 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

So you're you're that it's expensive but cheap or free if he gains a pirated copy?

Just gonna add to this threads that I have been editing with Resolve for a couple weeks now and I like it a lot.

I am somewhat experience with others editing programs, so maybe that was why it was easy for me to get started on editing in there, but I found it to mostly very intuitive.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/