Looking for an mATX case with the following

BoopityDoop

- Enough clearance for my MSI z370m Mortar, because as it stands right now in my Thermaltake Versa 15, this mobo is bigger than my last mATX and covers the slots for cables to be pulled through from behind the mobo tray.

- Allows for some decent cable managent.

- Comes with atleast a case fan or two, i have three currently in a push/pull config on the top/back, and due to lack of ability to cable manage in this case, i have zero airflow coming into the case from the front.

- I don't really care for LED's due to the case being on the left-side of my table and the mobo compartment not being viewable.

- CAN fit my Noctua NH-U14s, the Versa 15 just about can

- Anywhere between £40-£60

I can't cable manage in this Versa 15 due to the mobo being slightly too big. Open for suggestions, so long as they're reasonable.

Inwin 301 is really nice but no fans

Fractal cases are pretty much all good

Edited by Daniel Z.

16 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Inwin 301 is really nice but no fans

Fractal cases are pretty much all good

I have one of their mATX cases and it's absolute garbage. You can't install a front fan and an HDD because they will need to occupy the same space at the same time. The metal they're made of is weak, almost no cable management capabilities.

OP, get anything other than a Fractal mATX case.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I have one of their mATX cases and it's absolute garbage. You can't install a front fan and an HDD because they will need to occupy the same space at the same time. The metal they're made of is weak, almost no cable management capabilities.

OP, get anything other than a Fractal mATX case.

What would you recommend? So long as it will fit my CPU cooler in the case ofcourse.

10 hours ago, BoopityDoop said:

What would you recommend? So long as it will fit my CPU cooler in the case ofcourse.

Not sure what you could get in that price range. You could get a Phanteks P400 but that has glass and LED's and whatnot, and is in fact a full tower (but it is in your given price range) although it is listed as a mid tower. Still, it would fit everything and comes with two fans, and is a pretty damned good deal for the price.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854031

You can get it with, or without glass.

15 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I have one of their mATX cases and it's absolute garbage.

Which case? Sounds like the much older Core 1000/1100

The Focus G mini is a very good Fractal Design budget case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 1/22/2018 at 8:33 AM, TVwazhere said:

Which case? Sounds like the much older Core 1000/1100

The Focus G mini is a very good Fractal Design budget case

Spot on the nose.

Honestly I view fractal in a very dim light. I'd say they are what you pick when you just need something cheap and don't care about looks, but even then, for the money, you can get FAR superior cases these days. Honestly right now I think the Phanteks P400 is the absolute best bang-for-your-buck case. It looks good, it has good features, it has glass solid or silence optimized side panels, etc, as well as RGB, all for less than a hundred bucks.

And it's made fairly damned sturdy. Or, to put it a better way, a HELL of a lot sturdier than my fractal case, or the Corsair Air 540 that I had.

I hate to sound like a shill, but it's honestly far better than anything else I see coming out. It looks nice without being gamery, and has some nice features.

Edit: Forgot that the P400 has a nice magnetic fan filter, and a fan filter on the PSU vent

I particularly use the Cooler Master Case Pro 3 which is all you asked.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Spot on the nose.

Honestly I view fractal in a very dim light. I'd say they are what you pick when you just need something cheap and don't care about looks, but even then, for the money, you can get FAR superior cases these days. Honestly right now I think the Phanteks P400 is the absolute best bang-for-your-buck case. It looks good, it has good features, it has glass solid or silence optimized side panels, etc, as well as RGB, all for less than a hundred bucks.

And it's made fairly damned sturdy. Or, to put it a better way, a HELL of a lot sturdier than my fractal case, or the Corsair Air 540 that I had.

I hate to sound like a shill, but it's honestly far better than anything else I see coming out. It looks nice without being gamery, and has some nice features.

Edit: Forgot that the P400 has a nice magnetic fan filter, and a fan filter on the PSU vent

for a reasonable price, p400 is the best unless you want airflow. Then S340 elite

The Define Mini C checks all of those boxes, though I don't know how much it costs in GBP. I picked one up from Amazon a few weeks ago for $69.99 USD. Focus G Mini is a good option, too, though the CPU cooler is exactly the height that the case's specs say it allows...could be a tight fit.

S340 Elite and P400S are good ATX cases if you don't mind having your mATX board in an ATX case.

10 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

for a reasonable price, p400 is the best unless you want airflow. Then S340 elite

The s340 elite barely qualifies as "better airflow"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25