Mineral Oil PC Questions And Ideas?

Hi everyone I just finished watching the mineral oil PC build that Linus and Luke did for like the 12th time since it was originally posted, and I was wondering if any companies still make mineral oil cases and if so who?

Also was wondering if anyone would like to see a volume two because I know I sure would love to see one, I was so disappointed when the original one broke on the move to the new office I loved the way that PC looked and now am thinking of doing an oil PC for myself and would love some suggestions.

Thanks

Dawson 

Puget got sued over patents as would anyone else that tried it so kits are all but non-existent. Wasn't a big enough market to justify licensing patents. In their own words:

Unfortunately our mineral oil aquarium PC kit project has been alleged to infringe on the patents held by a company who holds several patents related to mineral oil cooling of PCs. They offered to license this technology back to us. We decided to shut down this project instead, because the licensing cost was infeasible for this type of project, and we did not want to set a precedent of paying to license something we conceived and developed on our own.

57 minutes ago, Dawson S said:

Hi everyone I just finished watching the mineral oil PC build that Linus and Luke did for like the 12th time since it was originally posted, and I was wondering if any companies still make mineral oil cases and if so who?

Also was wondering if anyone would like to see a volume two because I know I sure would love to see one, I was so disappointed when the original one broke on the move to the new office I loved the way that PC looked and now am thinking of doing an oil PC for myself and would love some suggestions.

Thanks

Dawson 

As said your outta luck it's all going to have to be custom made at this point. A motherboard tray and a glass or acrylic fish tank is the standard go to option. 

Puget the company from their Video got sued so noone makes them... but you can just buy a medium sized fish tank and PC stand offs a drill/tap and some know how will enable you to make your own case like it in a day or two with even more customization...  

I've seen a few of these recently; One was really cool it involved 2 Fishtanks inside of one another; the PC and such was inside the smaller/inner one and then the outter one had water and fish in it  and the guy even carefully had tubes go through the inner one to let the fish seem as if they were swimming right through normally; and he had rocks and such decorations uniform through out.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Rather easy to DIY it to be honest.

And if i were to make one i'd build in a oil chiller. Somthing as simple as an aquirium chiller or a Glycol bath chiller, instead of rads hanging of the back.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Ok thanks for the info I’m definitely going to do a bit of research then and see what other people have done and try to get some ideas. 

I’m pretty keen on doing this myself when I have time. Mac hardware only of course.

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I’m pretty keen on doing this myself when I have time. Mac hardware only of course.

Macs are so oddly designed to actually make them look decent in a setting like that would be a challenge; maybe Hackintosh time?

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

1 hour ago, GloriousPain said:

Macs are so oddly designed to actually make them look decent in a setting like that would be a challenge; maybe Hackintosh time?

Dual G5’s and Black PCB says otherwise 

23 hours ago, Dawson S said:

Ok thanks for the info I’m definitely going to do a bit of research then and see what other people have done and try to get some ideas. 

There are a lot of infos:

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil