Bose QuietComfort 20 a bad buy?

Hey!

My old Bose somethingsomething earplugs died on me after roughly 5-6 years of use (even survived TWO trips through the washer and drier), and I'm looking to get some new ones.

My parameters are as following: In ear, noise cancellation, and wired. 

1. In ear because I can't stand the bulk of a headset when I'm out and about, and use a helmet a lot. (And I don't want to mess up my hair)

2. Noise cancellation because I work in a noisy environment, and I travel a fair bit.

3. Wired because I'd like the ease of mind of not having to charge another device just so I can listen to music. (If the battery runs out I can still listen to music, just won't have NC).

So my choice fell on the Bose QuietComfort 20 for android, but it's almost half a decade old now, and they still want 300-320 USD for the damn things (in Norway).

Is it a smart buy still, or am I paying a hefty price for old outdated technology? Should I go for the apple version instead (~250 USD) and forego all the handy remote features?

Thanks in advance for any input!

6 hours ago, Rowjee said:

2. Noise cancellation because I work in a noisy environment, and I travel a fair bit.

What kind of noise, the type of noise is incredibly important when using active cancellation. It won't cancel out talking or noises which are constantly changing. But it is good for blocking out repetitive noises like the engine of an aeroplane.

On 16.1.2018 at 10:25 PM, Ahoy Hoy said:

What kind of noise, the type of noise is incredibly important when using active cancellation. It won't cancel out talking or noises which are constantly changing. But it is good for blocking out repetitive noises like the engine of an aeroplane.

Repetitive noise, engines; industrial coolers and the like.