Windows 10 Pro Installation Issue

goodforyou19

Hi everyone,

So I am currently trying to build a HTPC. All the parts arrived, and I put it together without any issues. The computer boots, and I can get into BIOS and see everything is working properly.

However, when I went to install windows 10 Pro, it completed the first portion of the installation process, and when it restarts, I get an error message which says "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed...."

Things I have already tried:

1) going into registry editor, and changed value from 1 to 3

2) reset BIOS/cleared CMOS

3) updated bios to latest version

4) Changed motherboards

5) Changed SSD

I also tried formatting the installation partition with CMD "Diskpart, list volume, select volume, format fs=ntfs quick label=test", but that didn't work. I just get a message that says "virtual disk service error! Format is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume"

At this point, I am all out of ideas as to what to do... I feel like I have exhausted all possible options.

Here are my specs:

CPU: i7 8700 Non "K"

Motherboard: asrock z370m-ITX/ac

Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)

SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 256GB

PSU: picoPSU 160-XT with generic power brick capable of 150w 

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i

Any information on solving this problem would be amazing

the_computer_restarted_unexpectedly_win10.png

No clean OS needs to tweak with registry settings. Having to do that means there is something definitely wrong with your hardware. Try 1 stick of ram or a actual psu.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

If your hardware checks out in the bios then it may be the windows media that's corrupt. Try redownloading and imaging on a different usb or at least redownloading and imaging of the usb you have. I'va had bad usb drives and incomplete/corrupt downloads screw me in the past.