Name the build..

Hi guys, I started a few days ago a build and I'm currently wainting on some parts to arrive. 

Long story short I was just looking through the build logs in this forum and here I am.. :P

I first wanted to build an X58 system with a nice Xeon and water cooling for the cpu, northbridge and the vrm modules. I actually did start the build but then I got some nice deals on X79 parts.

Here the configuration:

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition (E-ATX and part of another story xD)

Intel Xeon E5 2680 v2 (10 Cores, 20 threads and decent frequencies) (Also part of another story)

8x8GB DDR-3 1333Mhz ECC memory, because it was so damn cheap (around 100 USD)

Radeon R9 290X (will upgrade it probably once the new Nvidia cards release and it came already with the block)

180GB Intel SSD, 2TB Samsung HDD

500W BeQuiet Strainght Power PSU (80 Plus Gold)

Now to the first story that made me go crazy. The motherboard is an E-ATX board. I however use a Fractal Meshify C case that only has support for up to ATX motherboards. That wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't decide to upgrade the board from a P9X79 Pro to this one. But I really didn't wanna have anything blue in my system.... so here we are.. xD. I took the dremel and cut some parts out of the case to make it fit.

Then the Xeon, I saw a video on Level1Techs by Wendell and it really got me think. He compared a Xeon E5 2680 (Sandybridge-E CPU) to the new Skylake X 10 core CPU and the Xeon somehow did really, really well. Probably thanks to its massive cache and the ringbus architecture. 

I decided to go with the Xeon E5 2680 v2. It is a bit more expensive but gives you 2 more cores and 4 more threads, higher clocks and the newer Ivybridge architecture. I'm really curious on how this Xeon is going to perform. You can actually also enable the "Multicore Enhancement" Setting in the Asus Bios which alows the Xeon to clock higher on all cores in Turbo boost.

I'm still going with the water cooling setup because I already ordered it from China. I'm Swiss and let me tell you that PC parts and water cooling parts aren't cheap here. So it really makes sense to go with second hand and used PC parts. And I always had good experience with Chinese water cooling stuff. You just have to search for the right things (D5 pumps etc.).

The fluid is going to be red (Mayhems X1) because I still have concentrate lying around.

I don't really have a name for the build and I'm interested to see what kind of names you come up with.

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

My vote is for Sexify-C

Or Green PCBeast

6 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

My vote is for Sexify-C

Or Green PCBeast

"Green PCBeast" haha xD:P

2 minutes ago, Cocco93 said:

"Green PCBeast" haha xD:P

Admittedly, it would work better if there were more green PCBs, but the ram really sticks out.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Admittedly, it would work better if there were more green PCBs, but the ram really sticks out.

Yes it does but I'm wondering how much it will stick out when the build is finished. Let's say it has.. character

3 minutes ago, Cocco93 said:

Yes it does but I'm wondering how much it will stick out when the build is finished. Let's say it has.. character

Yes, and wisdom. The RGB whippersnappers are too flashy and have no common sense, lol.

For some reason I saw the first pic and immediately Black Knight slapped me in the face like a freightliner. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Danny phantom i mean if the fluid is also green

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 14/01/2018 at 5:09 PM, Cocco93 said:

I don't really have a name for the build and I'm interested to see what kind of names you come up with.

I have a few suggestions...

1) Moonlight Shadow (taken from the song by Mike Oldfield & Maggie Reilly) 

2) La cascata (Italian for 'The Waterfall')

3) Inneal aislingean (Scottish Gaelic for 'Machine of dreams') 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: