Budget Leage/CSGO/SC2 Build

Gamboodle
Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,

My school just started an esports club and we're thinking of some pc build for CSGO, Leage of Legends, and StarCraft 2. Here's the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qMGDbj

I want to know if I need to upgrade or if I can downgrade anything, I'd like to have it run the games and 60fps min. Also, if anyone has any ideas of budget keyboards/mice/headsets, please let me know. Thanks!

That FX CPU is not a great choice I think. What about going with Ryzen?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vk9Yyf
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vk9Yyf/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($87.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($196.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $548.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-14 04:01 EST-0500

yeah, no. get os from reddit and maybe some used parts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

all of my what

why the 4300 

why is the motherboard $10

why is the ram 6gb??

why the 400w housefire PSU

Listen. 

Get yourself a bunch of cheap HP/Dell prebuilts. Elite 8200 or 8300 are fine. Get a chip like the i5-2400. Get the SFF or full tower models. 

Then throw in GT1030/GTX1050 (make sure they're the low profile version) and you will have a machine that absolutely demolishes that shit. 

idk

I would recommend getting that RAM to at least 8GB, or even 12 if you can... and I know this will be less of a budget especially with the prices, try getting a 1050ti in there. But getting that RAM up is gonna be one of the biggest things especially with an RTS like SC2 that is gonna have a lot going on. If you're running at 1080p or probably more likely 720p or a weird in between, a 1050 might be fine. Keyboards and mice? Look around for a surplus store, theres one at CSU in Fort Collins (says you're in Colorado). They probably have tons of decent condition keyboards and mice for cheap. (don't hold me to that)

Would you be ok with leaving Windows unactivated? You don't really lose anything. Also, my school had a partnership with Microsoft which got us free keys, maybe you could check if you have the same.

I'd change that fx cpu and am3+ mobo to a g4560 + h110 mobo and get a better power supply.

I wish my school had esports leagues :c

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Also if it's for school, talk to the IT at the school and you should be able to get Windows 10 educational licenses for free or very cheap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Thanks, I'll look into this

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

You could also make kids bring in their own gear to save costs. My school has a DOTA club and I see people bring in shit like extended mousepad and bags with headphones and mechanical keyboards inside, and it's being plugged into a fucking Surface Pro :^)

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

You could also make kids bring in their own gear to save costs. My school has a DOTA club and I see people bring in shit like extended mousepad and bags with headphones and mechanical keyboards inside, and it's being plugged into a fucking Surface Pro :^)

I was thinking about this and I might end up doing that. Plus, masking tape=easy mousepad