Should i switch from air cooler to water cooler?

Should i switch from my noctua nh-d15 to a nzxt kraken x62 

My noctua fans are really loud and i wanna try out water cooling. Should i buy the nzxt kraken x62 or is it even worth it to buy a water cooler?

No, watercoolers are louder generally. You should either clean your heatsink or put a LNA to the fans. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Those noctua fans as far as i know are very much more on the quiet side, watercooling also obviously requires fans though and you may even hear the pump. i'd say if you have no thermal issues that your current solution will be not much louder than a watercooler.

unless your fans are running on max speeds all the time right now - which could be changed in your bios

i5 7600k @5.2ghz 1.39v i7 7700k @5.1ghz 1.39v / Strix z270h / 16gb Trident z RGB 3200mhz CL16 1.35v (2400mhz CL15 kit overclocked) / GTX 1070ti sli both with Arctic Accelero Xtreme iv coolers / EVGA 750w Gold PSU

Samsung cf791 3440x1440 100hz Quantum Dot

Haven't broken something with an OC yet... YET.

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

No, watercoolers are louder generally. You should either clean your heatsink or put a LNA to the fans. 

They're only louder typically when the fans spin fast. Liquid cooling is more efficient so typically you won't see the liquid cooler go to 100% unless you manually set it. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

23 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

Ok. could anyone then tell me why my noctua fans are so loud?

Check if they are running at 100% in the BIOS

Don't forget to "Quote" when replying so we can see it. 

I see you're using an MSI motherboard.  They usually have very bad settings for the CPU fan.  I don't know the menu options by heart, but you need to set the temperature target to 40°C and the fan speed to 12.5%.  That will make it near-silent at anything below 40°C (so basically during non-gaming) and let it ramp up as needed when the CPU gets hot.

Gonna reboot real quick to write down the settings on my own X99A Gaming 7.  the menus should be identical.

EDIT : Well, looks like they changed it to a graph in a recent BIOS update.  Pretty sure my old Z77 MSI board still has the old menu though

Anyway, mine is indeed still set to 13% at 40°C and a straight line to 100% at 85°C.  That gives me a nice quiet setup.

38 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

My noctua fans are really loud and i wanna try out water cooling. Should i buy the nzxt kraken x62 or is it even worth it to buy a water cooler?

If you want to liquid cool, go ahead. I'd suggest you buy a cheaper AIO, however. The corsair H110i is a good substitute at 280mm. The EVGA CLC 280 can get very loud, so stay away from that one.

I have an H100i, and haven't ever heard my pump running.  Case design might come into play? But not sure. The cooler if loud when the fans ramp up while playing games, but that is my own personal fan curve choice. I have work headphones, so I never hear it.

9 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I see you're using an MSI motherboard.  They usually have very bad settings for the CPU fan. snip

I personally don't think MSI CPU fan control is garbage, but it can definitely help to switch to DC or PWM depending on which fan type you have.

33 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

Um.. are they dirty? Are they loud all the time or only in certain situations?

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

I personally don't think MSI CPU fan control is garbage,

Oh it isn't, it's just that the default settings are all wrong and will cause your CPU cooler to run flat-out until you adjust them.

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I see you're using an MSI motherboard.  They usually have very bad settings for the CPU fan.

I do have an msi motherboard the z270 gaming pro carbon

14 minutes ago, Dragonheart said:

Check if they are running at 100% in the BIOS

They are not running at 100%

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Um.. are they dirty? Are they loud all the time or only in certain situations?

No they are not dirty i just got them.

3 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

No they are not dirty i just got them.

They might have gotten banged up in shipping then or something. Noctua should be the best of the best. 

Don't forget to "Quote" when replying so we can see it. 

2 hours ago, AndeSandwich said:

The nh-d15 is as quiet as it comes. If it doesn't meet your means then i doubt even a custom water loop will help you.

First off, are you sure they are the cause, and what RPM are they running at?

Most of the time for that cooler, running the fans at 600/800 rpm is good enough to keep the cpu nice and cool. 

Are you sure that the NH-D15 is loud and not another component?

What are your specs?

What headers are you powering each fan off of and what rpm are you running them at?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, AndeSandwich said:

The fan curve is not optimal. In best case only one of fans should be spinning and at 400 rpm when system is idle. Like my 2 A15s do now. 2nd spins up when CPU temp goes over 55C

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv