Full PC Upgrade, what will happen to windows?

kingdomtim

Hello

I am doing a full upgrade on my pc, going from a 
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming--------------------> MSI A320M Gaming Pro

CPU: FX-6300 -----------------------> Ryzen 1500x

GPU: 750ti -----------------> 1060 3gb

RAM: Ripjaws DDR3 8gb------------------------> Ballistix Sport DDR4 8gb

I have 2 questions

#1: Will I still be able to boot up into windows? I used an OEM key on my original build, so I heard that Im going to have to call microsoft and try to get them to bless me with a new key. is this True?

#2: Do I have to uninstall all the drivers on my computer before I do this upgrade? 

Please answer both questions

THANK YOU

You know, this is a super confusing topic and I can't tell you the answer beyond my experience. I just upgraded my PC from a Asus Z170K & 6700K to a Asus Z370 PRIME & 8700K.

Based off all my research I thought I was going to have to but another OEM key or call Microsoft or something. Nope. I bought my key on Kinguin in May 2016 and it's still kicking. So everything is working fine for me but I can't say.

15 minutes ago, kingdomtim said:

Hello

I am doing a full upgrade on my pc, going from a 
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming--------------------> MSI A320M Gaming Pro

CPU: FX-6300 -----------------------> Ryzen 1500x

GPU: 750ti -----------------> 1060 3gb

RAM: Ripjaws DDR3 8gb------------------------> Ballistix Sport DDR4 8gb

I have 2 questions

#1: Will I still be able to boot up into windows? I used an OEM key on my original build, so I heard that Im going to have to call microsoft and try to get them to bless me with a new key. is this True?

#2: Do I have to uninstall all the drivers on my computer before I do this upgrade? 

Please answer both questions

THANK YOU

Get a B350, GTX 1006 with 6GB, and 16GB of ram.

For Windows it might continue to boot normally, but you will need to reinstall the motherboard drivers and will need to reactivate. Some drivers will continue to work with the new components cause it's still the same one. For Windows activation, can try to activate over the web first, will only need to call them, once online activation passed the limit.

For example your old audio is by Realtek and the driver for that is already up to date. The new board's audio is also by Realtek, so it will just continue to use that up to date driver.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

All depends on which version of Windows you have. Just saying OEM doesn't help as Win7 OEM is different from Win8/.1 and Win10 OEMs. Not to mention if it's prebuild or not.

There's always 50-50 chance that it just works or BSODs at boot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv