is it worth it to wait for Ryzen 2.0?

Go to solution Solved by BluJay614,

Okay, the new APUs are Zen, and will only have up to 4cores and 8threads. Ryzen 2 is Zen+ and will be on a smaller process. I would suggest parting out your system, by getting everything but the CPU and (unless there is one you really like) motherboard. After that, I would save up a bit more from there and see about getting your cpu and motherboard when Ryzen 2 comes out and we know how it will actually perform.

I've only got about 400 give or take to build just the pc;no peripherals or a graphics card since I haven't made a choice in the gpu department yet. With the new Ryzen 2.0 being confirmed for launch starting at April, do you guys think the wait is worth it for the extra performance or just get one now? I'm leaning towards 5 1600 or the x variant since I plan on streaming at some point and I think the extra cores would help out in the long run. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt Ryzen 2 for 2019? Maybe you're getting that mixed with Ryzen + which is just a 12nm from 14nm proccess so in other words higher clock speeds.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

Just now, pcnoob27 said:

There will also come APU'S in february so a built in gpu. You may look into those

fully argee wait for the apus and build a oke gaming pc with that. Or wait longer and safe up more.  PS the 1600 is a very good cpu butt also the prices wil drop a bit wen the nieuwe cpus come out

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

I'll look into the APUs then and see if they're better for build I'm trying to achieve. I don't really know much about them.

12 minutes ago, Sabron said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt Ryzen 2 for 2019? Maybe you're getting that mixed with Ryzen + which is just a 12nm from 14nm proccess so in other words higher clock speeds.

It might end up being that Ryzen 2 is Zen+ and Ryzen 3 is Zen2.

Edit: Excluding the APUs as they seem to be one generation behind (Eg Zen), who knows if by Ryzen 3 the APUs will still be a generation behind

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, TheBudgetGuy said:

I've only got about 400 give or take to build just the pc;no peripherals or a graphics card since I haven't made a choice in the gpu department yet. With the new Ryzen 2.0 being confirmed for launch starting at April, do you guys think the wait is worth it for the extra performance or just get one now? I'm leaning towards 5 1600 or the x variant since I plan on streaming at some point and I think the extra cores would help out in the long run. 

For you, its worth to wait because you probably can safe up alittle bit more budget. 

For Tech sake - NO! Because it wont be much different from current Ryzen CPUs, maybe a little less power consuming/new powersaving features/little more max. clockspeed.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Next Ryzen version probbably won't be much of an improvement. I would say around 10% better than current one.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

Next Ryzen version probbably won't be much of an improvement. I would say around 10% better than current one.

optimistic, optimistic :)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Okay, the new APUs are Zen, and will only have up to 4cores and 8threads. Ryzen 2 is Zen+ and will be on a smaller process. I would suggest parting out your system, by getting everything but the CPU and (unless there is one you really like) motherboard. After that, I would save up a bit more from there and see about getting your cpu and motherboard when Ryzen 2 comes out and we know how it will actually perform.