Fan Placement

Hello, i start noticing that my only fan, its a rear exhaust fan ,is ramping up a lot, if i turn it down the system get too hot and the cpu and gpu fans start to ramp up.

So my question is should i change the fans position and make it a front intake fan until i get a a second for exhaust or wait until i buy one and put as a front intake. Just to clarify my problem is it get loud, my temps seem fine

The front supports up to 2 120 mm fans and the rear is also 120 mm, not top mounted tray, my case is a cheap bitfenix.

CPU: AMD A10 5800K @4.2 Ghz about 50-60 C under 100% load

GPU MSI R7 250 2GB @1130 Mhz core and @980 mhz mem about 55-60 C under 100% load

You should get Front intakes that are filtered. Atm you have under pressure in your case which will result in more dust because it will suck in air at any small gap where no filters are at.  I would go for 2 120 millimeter front intake and 120 mm back exhaust to have over pressure / balanced air pressure.  Hope you already got dust filter at front. 

6 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

You should get Front intakes that are filtered. Atm you have under pressure in your case which will result in more dust because it will suck in air at any small gap where no filters are at.  I would go for 2 120 millimeter front intake and 120 mm back exhaust to have over pressure / balanced air pressure.  Hope you already got dust filter at front. 

yeah i know, in my opinion the positive air pressure work better, the front is filtered, i m just asking if i move the fan to the front is it gonna help with the noise?

its gonna be some weeks before i buy fans tho

I would look in to buying better made fans for the case 3 120mm.The lower bd the fan the quieter is it and the higher cfm the more air it can move.And if you have that fan pluged in the motherboard its probably running pwm and reving up when the pc gets warm.

2 minutes ago, TehAmigos said:

yeah i know, in my opinion the positive air pressure work better, the front is filtered, i m just asking if i move the fan to the front is it gonna help with the noise?

Moving that fan really won't do much for quiet,You really need 2 more fans if you want it quieter.3 fans can more more air then one,And if they are pwm they will only rev up when needed.

Just now, andrewmp6 said:

Moving that fan really won't do much for quiet,You really need 2 more fans if you want it quieter.3 fans can more more air then one,And if they are pwm they will only rev up when needed.

good, my mobo doesnt support pwm but i think that a pwm fan header would fit a regular mobo fan header, what fans do you recommend, high airflow or silent?

2 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

If you want your system to be quieter, you need to add more high qality fans to your system. Then take those fans and slow them down to their minimum speed. Four fans moving at 500RPM are going to move the same air as a single fan moving at 2000RPM but the four fans are going to do it with a lot less noise. 

This technically isnt true. Each fan has a CFM (cubic foot per minute) value assigned to it at each RPM level, and IIRC the ratio isnt 1:1 in terms of air moved relative to the RPM. Also have to take into account the size of the fan. A 140mm fan at 2000 rpm could move more air than 4 120mm fans @500rpm (I know you know all this, I just want to clarify the statement)

2 hours ago, TehAmigos said:

what fans do you recommend, high airflow or silent?

That depends on what you care about. Do you care more about silence, or air flow? Noctua makes great fans that excel in both (they aernt the best in either, but theyre up there as the perfect balance) but theyre very expensive.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

That depends on what you care about

right now my system is pretty cool due to low tdp components, i do plan to have an upgrade in the future tho, but i mostly like it to be silent and decently cool, im ok with over 60C on cpu and gpu on 70-90% load. so some nuctua's silent fan or the new coolermaster silencio?

4 hours ago, TehAmigos said:

Depends if you for example have a CPU cooler with fan near exhaust it should work fine. What also matters is PSU placement can you post pics of your case with open side window.