Surface Pro 1 vs Surface 3. Which one?

EDIT: I decided to get a surface. But which one? The original surface pro (surface pro 2? 1? 69? Idk anymore check the link) [OG] vs the regular surface 3 [3] . My use-case is fairly light with a few heavy tasks like photoshop and maybe an occasional game. I really like the i5 on the OG but the 3 is newer, although it has an atom chip. The OG has 128gb ssd and the 3 has 64gb ssd (128gb is a bit pricey). I was hoping to use the pen so that would be an extra cost with the 3 also, but I will try to get it if the 3 is way better than the OG. Thanks for all your help guys. 

I’m looking for a good quality $400-500 laptop. I really like the original surface pro or an older MacBook Pro, but I am willing to look at newer laptops in that range too.

Why the random laptops?: I just always thought the surface was a cool concept and I like macOS

Edited by Techli0n
New question

My PC:

Macbook Pro 13", 2017 w/ Touchbar

Specs:

CPU: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

So personally I can't stand mac os, but if you like it, that's good. I seem to recall that the original surface ran an arm processor on a weird version of windows meaning you could only run Windows store apps (no exe files), so I wouldn't choose the very first surface. The later ones shouldn't have that limitation, I might go for a surface pro 2 or 3.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

15 minutes ago, Computers_And_Tech_Is_Cool said:

So personally I can't stand mac os, but if you like it, that's good. I seem to recall that the original surface ran an arm processor on a weird version of windows meaning you could only run Windows store apps (no exe files), so I wouldn't choose the very first surface. The later ones shouldn't have that limitation, I might go for a surface pro 2 or 3.

Correct, the first gen Surface had some sort of mobile processor and had Windows RT, which was a mobile version of Windows also. Everyone hated it. On Gen 2 and forward they switched to full Windows and Processors.

Surface Pro 2 is pretty good. Decent performance, but it does overheat a little though (Might just be my model, its a refurb). I also used to have an Old Macbook Pro 2012. I threw a SSD into it with 16GB of Ram and it did the job. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

54 minutes ago, Computers_And_Tech_Is_Cool said:

I mean the surface pro. Not that weird ARM disaster. 

My PC:

Specs:

Im guessing that it would be the surface pro 2 then? I’m confused. I’ll just post an amazon link. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MGXZ4TQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_X0dvAbT9135X5

My PC:

Specs:

Ok so I’m probably annoying all of you but I want to make an informed decision: The original surface pro (surface pro 2? 1? 69? Idk anymore check the link) [OG] vs the regular surface 3 [3] . My use-case is fairly light with a few heavy tasks like photoshop and maybe an occasional game. I really like the i5 on the OG but the 3 is newer, although it has an atom chip. The OG has 128gb ssd and the 3 has 64gb ssd (128gb is a bit pricey). I was hoping to use the pen so that would be an extra cost with the 3 also, but I will try to get it if the 3 is way better than the OG. Thanks for all your help guys. 

My PC:

Specs: