What size PETG?

I'm planning on doing my first hard-line build soon, and I'm going to be needing some help with the planning. I've already decided that I'm going to purchase by tubing from EKWB, there are two different sizes however, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/accessories/solid-tubing/petg 12mm/16mm and 10/12mm, was curious on which ones you guys would suggest and why? 

Larger tube seems to be easier to work with, though it's mostly about aesthetic 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Depends on the case you're using and the space you have to work with, I usually will go with the largest tube available, however doesn't mean I wouldn't use some smaller tube in tighter places (like Ram to CPU or CPU to rad top).

The inner diameter isn't that important as for rigid tubing outer diameter is more important as that's the measurement you'll be using for you fittings so 12/16mm is what I'd personally go with.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

27 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I'm planning on doing my first hard-line build soon, and I'm going to be needing some help with the planning. I've already decided that I'm going to purchase by tubing from EKWB, there are two different sizes however, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/accessories/solid-tubing/petg 12mm/16mm and 10/12mm, was curious on which ones you guys would suggest and why? 

It’s up to you but as suggested aesthically large tubing looks a bit more proportional. 

galaxy_800_1_2_3_1_2_2_1_1.jpg

Some people say it is easier to work with smaller tubing, i used 12mm od for my first time, most of the bends were done in a first attempt.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

33 minutes ago, W-L said:

It’s up to you but as suggested aesthically large tubing looks a bit more proportional. 

galaxy_800_1_2_3_1_2_2_1_1.jpg

I think I'm going to go with the large for this build. That is a really helpful image, I made sure to save it :P 

12 hours ago, Doomerson said:

16mm, 12mm is tiny I've worked with both. There also small benefits for flow on larger OD tubing. Just be careful when using PETG not all coolants get along with PETG.

16mm Tubing from my build:

T0nz5d7l.jpg

voy5g7tl.jpg?1

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, Revan654 said:

-snip-

Thanks for the input friend! I plan on using EKWB's coolants, could you give some examples and possibly sources of PETG not playing well with certain coolants?

22 hours ago, MaratM said:

Some people say it is easier to work with smaller tubing, i used 12mm od for my first time, most of the bends were done in a first attempt.

Bigger tubing have thicker walls, which makes them harder to ruin.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

2 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Thanks for the input friend! I plan on using EKWB's coolants, could you give some examples and possibly sources of PETG not playing well with certain coolants?

I should add the tubing shown is 16mm but it's Glass tubing.

MVc0jPH.png

On Side note, MonSoon has some the best tubing around. Even Mayhems was impressed by it with AlphaCool being the next best.

Acrylic is better in my opinion(With Glass Being the best), don't have to worry about all the issues PETG has. I would also suggest not using UV lighting with PETG tubing.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon