What voltage for I7 7700K Stock speed?

I have the i7 7700K stock speed runing 4.5ghz, 1.200V, 71 C in prime 95 v29.4 with small FFTs.
i get 40 C on gaming.
What voltage should i change it to so it can run with a lower temperature and stable
my cpu cooler is Arctic freezer 360

mmm.PNG

ttt.PNG

Well just like how all chips behave differently when increasing the voltage to sustain overclocks, all chips also behave differently in how much below stock voltage you can go before the stock clock becomes unstable.

Just decrease it incrementally and do the same stresstesting approach as you would when overclocking. Repeat until failure, where you dial the voltage back up a step and try a longer stresstest until it's long term stable.

That being said, why would you want to undervolt your CPU when you're on a 360 radiator with safe thermals?

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

7 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

Well just like how all chips behave differently when increasing the voltage to sustain overclocks, all chips also behave differently in how much below stock voltage you can go before the stock clock becomes unstable.

Just decrease it incrementally and do the same stresstesting approach as you would when overclocking. Repeat until failure, where you dial the voltage back up a step and try a longer stresstest until it's long term stable.

That being said, why would you want to undervolt your CPU when you're on a 360 radiator with safe thermals?

so that voltage is safe and stable for stock speed ?

and what voltage should i put to run the cpu on 5ghz stable ?

check some overclocking guides (google "kaby lake overclocking guide" you'll get plenty of hits) as for hitting 5ghz, you may not be able to, silicon lottery plays a pretty big part in it. you might only be able to get 4.7 depending on the voltage it requires (1.45v max "safe") or the temperatures your cooler can manage (shouldn't exceed 80c on a regular basis)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

The stock voltage is always safe and stable for the stock clock. If not, then you should ask for a replacement (though that's probably never the case).

For overclocking, I can only suggest you do some reading on it as you seem new to it.

Here are some links to CPU voltage, and recommended temperature:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/384756-How-Overvolting-Works-The-Dangers-of-Overvolting-and-quot-Safe-quot-Overvolting-Technique

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

On 1/8/2018 at 6:11 PM, steffeeh said:

The stock voltage is always safe and stable for the stock clock. If not, then you should ask for a replacement (though that's probably never the case).

For overclocking, I can only suggest you do some reading on it as you seem new to it.

Here are some links to CPU voltage, and recommended temperature:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/384756-How-Overvolting-Works-The-Dangers-of-Overvolting-and-quot-Safe-quot-Overvolting-Technique

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

thanks bro i appreciate your help