is my graphics card dying?

mahoutsukai

So I've been having issues with my display for 2 weeks. My monitor kept freezing/green screening randomly and for some reason everytime i Alt+Tabbed it also green screened for a few seconds. Is my gpu dying ? or is it my monitor ? 

13 minutes ago, Sta1n said:

So I've been having issues with my display for 2 weeks. My monitor kept freezing/green screening randomly and for some reason everytime i Alt+Tabbed it also green screened for a few seconds. Is my gpu dying ? or is it my monitor ? 

what GPU Do you have, are the drivers up to date?

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

4 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

what GPU Do you have, are the drivers up to date?

Its a gtx 950 as listed on the tag and uh I think it is up to date. I also just noticed that everytime my screen froze it only froze at the center and bottom while the top of my screen is still running

1 minute ago, Sta1n said:

Its a gtx 950 as listed on the tag and uh I think it is up to date. I also just noticed that everytime my screen froze it only froze at the center and bottom while the top of my screen is still running

any situation where you think your having GFX problems use DDU to uninstall and reinstall your drivers... if the problem continues more trouble shooting is required... try that and report back

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

23 minutes ago, Sta1n said:

Green screening is definitely a GPU issue, my 980 does that when running unstable clocks. Check temps and see what speed the card is boosting too, if needed, apply a negative offset of 100MHz to keep the card slower and see does that make them go away after you tried a fresh driver install. Keep the card under 70°C too if possible

Yours faithfully

14 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Green screening is definitely a GPU issue, my 980 does that when running unstable clocks. Check temps and see what speed the card is boosting too, if needed, apply a negative offset of 100MHz to keep the card slower and see does that make them go away after you tried a fresh driver install. Keep the card under 70°C too if possible

I checked my temps while playing PUBG its still on 66-67 on gameplay and on idle it sits at 44. Currently its clocked at 1455MHz. And for some reason even on desktop while idle it still sometimes froze ._. ty for replying.

Update: So I decided to use my old laptop to test if my issues are still there since after uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling the problem remains the same. And for some reason my screen also froze and had certain lags/flickers a lot. I also tried to use another VGA cable to make sure it isnt my cable and it still has the same issue so I think it might be my screen instead ._.