AI suite 3 won't open

abduh96

Hello guys, 

I have a problem with AI suite 3, I can't open it " The Remote procedure call failed"

I tried to fix  Remote procedure caller RRC(locator) to manual  and the problem still exist 

See if there is a newer version of the software from Asus website.  I know they keep revising the modules incorporated in the program.

I hope version 3 is better that 1 and 2 (which I thought very buggy and bloaty).

I now set fan curves  and overclocks in the BIOS and use Corsair Link software for monitoring tempts and voltages.

Far less hassle that AL suite, in my humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, Qi_Forever said:

See if there is a newer version of the software from Asus website.  I know they keep revising the modules incorporated in the program.

I hope version 3 is better that 1 and 2 (which I thought very buggy and bloaty).

I now set fan curves  and overclocks in the BIOS and use Corsair Link software for monitoring tempts and voltages.

Far less hassle that AL suite, in my humble opinion.

did you use Speedfan program?   

6 hours ago, abduh96 said:

Update: I just uninstall the last update for windows and the program works fine!!!!

yep this happened to me too lol but i didnt uninstall the latest windows update .... and gave up on ai suite... thx for sharing that experiment tho... i was 99% sure it was from win updt !

100% it was win10 update, yesterday morning ai3 was working fine and I didn't turn my pc off as usual, yesterday evening my pc account was logged off, like after restart and when I logged in ai3 won't start, tried to reinstall it, but it doesn't help. Only thing that changed from yesterday morning - new win10 update, I'd like to mention that I haven't tried to uninstall new update, but will defenetly do it today if I couldn't find some other solution.

My AISuite also vanished when the January 2018 Windows update installed. 

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

Same problem here. I spent a good deal of time fine-tuning my fan profile. Please save your "just use speedfan instea" comments. I prefer AIsuite

Like you wrote, it's the problem with the latest Microsoft patch (concerning the latest "problems" with processors).

Asus released a new, fixed beta version of Ai Suite 3.x, I don't have a link now, but it's easy to google out the post in the asus forum.

In my situation that's a worse problem, 'cause my motherboard is a bit old and it isn't compatible with Ai Suite 3.x version, and the version 2.x also stopped working. I hope they'll fix 2.x version also...

I found the solution ! My ai suite 3 wasn't lauching anymore after the fall creators update on w10... I've flashed the bios and reinstall ai  suite 3 and it worked !

On 1/7/2018 at 6:08 PM, Khase said:

New beta fixed aisuite 3 issue for me on q87m-e mobo

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98800

I got AI Suite 3 working again as well with this beta. However the minibar widget crashes when changing fan profiles, so not quite there yet. Still, pretty fast reaction from Asus. If you need to change profiles, use the main window. 

From what I understand it has to do with Windows update, regarding the recent processor vulnerability issues (meltdown and spectre).

Be careful deleting this application. I tried uninstalling AI Suite 3 and re-installing to update to a newer version and when USB 3.0 Boost uninstalled it deleted  the USB drivers from Windows. Couldn't boot into Windows 10 since no keyboard or mice were being detected through USB. Had to take it in to a repair shop and just got it back today, just a warning about this sh**ty piece of software (which I used to love to control my fans)..

1 hour ago, Napascj said:

Be careful deleting this application. I tried uninstalling AI Suite 3 and re-installing to update to a newer version and when USB 3.0 Boost uninstalled it deleted  the USB drivers from Windows. Couldn't boot into Windows 10 since no keyboard or mice were being detected through USB. Had to take it in to a repair shop and just got it back today, just a warning about this sh**ty piece of software (which I used to love to control my fans)..

This is quite strange. I have applied the beta to 5 different systems, with completely different specs and this did not happen. Also, going to a repair shop to install usb drivers? Dude... :/

3 hours ago, chris_gpvd said:

This is quite strange. I have applied the beta to 5 different systems, with completely different specs and this did not happen. Also, going to a repair shop to install usb drivers? Dude... :/

I'm not the best with software, and couldn't even get in to windows to reinstall drivers, so I thought i'd leave it with them. Updated AI Suite 3 to its newest version and now it wont open, all I can see in task manager is Asus Fan Controller and some other Asus stuff running as background processes, but I can't acces AI suite itself. Not sure if I need to revert back to an older version because of my mobo or if I need to update my bios idk

What about older boards? AI Suite 3 not opening on my VI Hero as well. Asus don't update utilities for older generations for ages, do this version works anyway?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

I installed and it works :) Why don't they update this stuff for averybody.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

16 hours ago, davidsd1990 said:

What about older boards? AI Suite 3 not opening on my VI Hero as well. Asus don't update utilities for older generations for ages, do this version works anyway?

It depends on how old the board actually is. I have P8Z77-V (deluxe version) and unfortunately I can't install 3.x version of Ai Suite. It just says that it's not compatible...

19 hours ago, WereWolf said:

It depends on how old the board actually is. I have P8Z77-V (deluxe version) and unfortunately I can't install 3.x version of Ai Suite. It just says that it's not compatible...

Indeed, older boards are out of luck. Stick to AI Suite II, or Speedfan. Personally, I only use AIS for fan control, since it is the native software for my mobo, and can auto detect each fan's speed. I wouldn't use it for overclocking, it's better to do it manually through the bios. 

On 13/01/2018 at 6:02 PM, WereWolf said:

Yeah I know, but with not that old boards like mine, Z87, Z97.. it works and they could update drivers and utilities for those boards. My Maximus VI Hero (Z87) doesn't even have Windows 10 utilities, they stopped on windows 8.1. This is the one thing I hate about Asus, they do it so people will feel compelled to buy the most recent boards, even when the ones they own are still very recent and top performance.

On 14.01.2018 at 3:22 PM, chris_gpvd said:

Indeed, older boards are out of luck. Stick to AI Suite II, or Speedfan. Personally, I only use AIS for fan control, since it is the native software for my mobo, and can auto detect each fan's speed. I wouldn't use it for overclocking, it's better to do it manually through the bios. 

The problem is that AI Suite 2.x also stopped working, so I can's stay with it. For now, just for some time I uninstalled the problematic windows update, but it's just a temporary solution. I also use AS only for fan controls, it's just more convenient than bios and even than speedfan.

I think I'll have to go back to speedfan anyway. I was using it long time ago, I know that it's even more powerful than Ai Suite, although a little more complicated to set up. And unfortunately it haven't been updated for some time.

I'm stuck with a broken AI Suit 2. When I bought my sabertooth z77 with 5 year warranty and guaranteed reliability, that was exactly what I was aiming for... Thanks Asus...