XE rad in H200i

ReyazJunior

So this video says that there is 89 cm of clearance for a push/pull radiator setup. If I use 25mm thick fans (commonplace), with a 60mm XE rad (240), will it fit? And will it be enough to cool an i7-8700K and a GTX 1080 Ti? Perhaps an XE can cool them, but will it fit? That's what I am asking. 

Considering it is a 240mm rad for both a CPU and GPU, I'd be careful with overclocking. You also need to be careful of the gpu length, as he showed that with a slim rad a large GPU was very close to the fans/rad

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

the 60mm XE in 240mm variety will be fine.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

the 60mm XE in 240mm variety will be fine.

Oh thanks a lot!!!! Yippe!!! I have an awkward space problem for my case choice, and you just made my day better. Now my system WILL be in the NZXT H200i!!!!

Anyways, is push pull really important or useful? If yes, how?

4 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

Oh thanks a lot!!!! Yippe!!! I have an awkward space problem for my case choice, and you just made my day better. Now my system WILL be in the NZXT H200i!!!!

Anyways, is push pull really important or useful? If yes, how?

on a 60mm rad, push pull will be beneficial. There'a s alot of rad to push through, so anything that helps that air along is a good thing.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

on a 60mm rad, push pull will be beneficial. There'a s alot of rad to push through, so anything that helps that air along is a good thing.

I might sound stupid, but can u explain how push/pull works and how to set it up?

Just now, ReyazJunior said:

I might sound stupid, but can u explain how push/pull works and how to set it up?

one fan is on the back of the rad with airflow pushing into the core, and the other fan is front of the rad pulling air out of the core.

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

one fan is on the back of the rad with airflow pushing into the core, and the other fan is front of the rad pulling air out of the core.

Lol. I doubt there is enough spacing over there. If there is, good; not a deal breaker for me. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

That might also hinder with airflow. 

Just now, ReyazJunior said:

That might also hinder with airflow. 

I doubt that very much.

System specs:

9 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

I doubt that very much.

I see. I'll watch some videos on it. 

1 hour ago, ReyazJunior said:

So this video says that there is 89 cm of clearance for a push/pull radiator setup. If I use 25mm thick fans (commonplace), with a 60mm XE rad (240), will it fit? 

89>(60+25)

89>85

Math :) BUT

GPU Clearance: Up to 325mm

So 325-85 = 240mm. The block is longer than that,so it wont work :( (Dmitri points that out in the video, he's using a reference nvidia card)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

89>(60+25)

89>85

Math :) BUT

GPU Clearance: Up to 325mm

So 325-85 = 240mm. The block is longer than that,so it wont work :( (Dmitri points that out in the video, he's using a reference nvidia card)

Suddenly any GTX 1080 Ti I could have got went out of stock. I don't know why. I was initially planning to get the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk EK X. Since it isn't in stock, ill use the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce GTX 1080 Ti. I'll probably use the NZXT H400i instead. Any GPU with a water block will fit. I'll still stick to mITX tho. I don't find quality mATX Z370 motherboards on Newegg India or elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

Suddenly any GTX 1080 Ti I could have got went out of stock. I don't know why. I was initially planning to get the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk EK X. Since it isn't in stock, ill use the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce GTX 1080 Ti. I'll probably use the NZXT H400i instead. Any GPU with a water block will fit. I'll still stick to mITX tho. I don't find quality mATX Z370 motherboards on Newegg India or elsewhere. 

Yeah the Z370 mATX boiards are a bit scarce, theres a good Asus Strix one but I dont know if thats avaialbe in India. 

The good news is the H400i is not much aller than the H200i, and is decently longer to allow that thicker rad (max 411mm GPU clearance -85= 326mm clearance needed for GPU's, definitely doable with a GPU block)

Image result for h200i

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Yeah the Z370 mATX boiards are a bit scarce, theres a good Asus Strix one but I dont know if thats avaialbe in India. 

The good news is the H400i is not much aller than the H200i, and is decently longer to allow that thicker rad (max 411mm GPU clearance -85= 326mm clearance needed for GPU's, definitely doable with a GPU block)

Image result for h200i

Yesss that's amazing 

The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G (WiFi AC) is a good one, but unavailable in India. Anyways, my exhaust will also be better in the H400i. I will use 5 NZXT Aer RGB fans, 3 120mm (exhaust) and 2 140mm (intake). If this causes negative pressure, please tell. Very good. 

Thanks still. Bur please tell me if 3 fans as exhaust and 2 as intake will cause negative pressure or not. 

8 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

Yesss that's amazing 

The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G (WiFi AC) is a good one, but unavailable in India. Anyways, my exhaust will also be better in the H400i. I will use 5 NZXT Aer RGB fans, 3 120mm (exhaust) and 2 140mm (intake). If this causes negative pressure, please tell. Very good. 

Thanks still. Bur please tell me if 3 fans as exhaust and 2 as intake will cause negative pressure or not. 

It would have negative airflow, if all fans were spinning at the same speed. 

Since the intakes are 140mm Fans, they only have slightly less airflow than three 120mm fans (i cant remember exactly how much) so you would either need to

• A, increase the fan speed of the 2 intakes or
  • B, slow the fan speeds of the 3 exhaust.

Either method would neutralize airflow, or even make it positive if you really offset the speeds. Now the H series has a "smart hub" fan controller, but I dont know if the "machine learning bullcrap" is disable-able, and just manually set the fan speeds like a normal fan controller.... If you can, I'd personally do that as having the buggy software controlling your temperature is less ideal.

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It would have negative airflow, if all fans were spinning at the same speed. 

Since the intakes are 140mm Fans, they only have slightly less airflow than three 120mm fans (i cant remember exactly how much) so you would either need to

• A, increase the fan speed of the 2 intakes or
  • B, slow the fan speeds of the 3 exhaust.

Either method would neutralize airflow, or even make it positive if you really offset the speeds. Now the H series has a "smart hub" fan controller, but I dont know if the "machine learning bullcrap" is disable-able, and just manually set the fan speeds like a normal fan controller.... If you can, I'd personally do that as having the buggy software controlling your temperature is less ideal.

I can set my own profiles. In the software, that is. Or I can stick to the machine learning AI. I'd rather slow the exhaust fans as I also care about noise. Thanks a lot for ur help. 

19 hours ago, ReyazJunior said:

I can set my own profiles. In the software, that is. Or I can stick to the machine learning AI. I'd rather slow the exhaust fans as I also care about noise. Thanks a lot for ur help. 

You mean the thing included with the case? That thing is really bad and doesn't work well at all. Also is a pain to setup.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!