How to make your pc feel "new" And respond faster

WebPlayz
9 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

battlefront 2

Oh you mean one of the year's worst games? :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Oh you mean one of the year's worst games? :P

Honestly it feels like EA just gave up on it. There is no shuffleing in matchmaking, so if you get stuck on a bad team ( which happens a lot ) no matter how good you are you will always lose matches. The new Crait map doesn't show up on playlists as well, and the hackers from battlefront 2015 are moving over too. And the progression system is still broken

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Windows and BIOS tweaks will really pep up a machine's daily driving "feel".  There has already been some solid advice in that regard, though.

Remember:  Windows is meant to be everything for everyone.  There's a lot that can be ripped out without affecting your own use scenario, but it can be risky if you're not used to such tweaking.  You can land yourself with a problem you're unable to sort out, and that will be difficult to communicate when you need help.  So, be wary.

Also, keyboards and mice that do not require any after-market drivers make a difference.  I use Ducky, but there are probably others.  You don't have to give up any modern functionality to make it happen, but they aren't cheap.  Comes down to how much value you place on fractions of a second; because those are what you're looking to shave to pep up a machine's instant click gratification.

If it's got fancy drivers, but will work without them, axe the things.  They're firing up when you boot just like everything else.  It's like shaving tenths in a drag car.  Once you've got a fast rig, you're going to have to dig into the details.

4 hours ago, Energycore said:

I can't even do all I want with 8GB anymore T_T

I can hardly do everything I do with 16GB .-.

I'd be sure to disable any un-needed startup programs, run trim on your SSD(s), defrag your HDD(s) (if any), make sure everything is being cooled properly (HWMonitor is pretty decent for monitoring temps), possibly reinstall Windows or your preferred OS if it's been a while since you last did. (Maybe every 2 years or so would be a decent idea, but it's up to you.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W