(solved) Turned back on secure boot, can't access bios.

Ravenman13

So I went back into the bios and turned back on secure boot, but after saving and restarting there's no video output and I can't access the bios anymore. 

I've tried using the cmos button and taking out and putting back the battery but still can access the bios or boot into windows. 

Windows 10 x64

MSI z97 nightblade

try reinstalling your video card or try using the igpu

clearing CMOS will remove the secure boot option so if that didnt fix it its probably a video card issue 

I tried the igpu but still not showing any video signal. 

29 minutes ago, Ravenman13 said:

I tried the igpu but still not showing any video signal. 

do you have a second gpu u could try

22 minutes ago, kittyducky06 said:

do you have a second gpu u could try

Both igpu and 970 don't display,  I think it's a motherboard issue as the 970 was working until I turned back on secure boot and restarted.

2 minutes ago, Ravenman13 said:

Both igpu and 970 don't display,  I think it's a motherboard issue as the 970 was working until I turned back on secure boot and restarted.

besides secure boot did you change anthing else

4 minutes ago, Ravenman13 said:

do you have a motherboard to try gpu/cpu/ram is it still in warenty

1 minute ago, kittyducky06 said:

do you have a motherboard to try gpu/cpu/ram is it still in warenty

Well I turned on the fast boot features as well and this is the only desktop PC I have. It's also not under warranty  as I know.

3 minutes ago, kittyducky06 said:

do you have friends with a pc that you could try

Lol no.  I may just have to get a new motherboard. Cmos button should have fixed it but no. 

Just now, Ravenman13 said:

Lol no.  I may just have to get a new motherboard. Cmos button should have fixed but no. 

when you buy it be careful because how ever unlikely i could still be ram or cpu so try to keep it returnable 

Just now, kittyducky06 said:

when you buy it be careful because how ever unlikely i could still be ram or cpu so try to keep it returnable 

Thx I'll keep that in mind.

How did you exactly reset the bios?

The reset button might need to be held for multiple seconds. MSI might be able to help you.

Also if you didn't unplug your computer while removing the battery you might not of done anything.

Out of paranoia sake unplug wait 30 seconds, hold cmos button for 15 seconds, removed battery then hold the cmos button again for 15 seconds. 

29 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

How did you exactly reset the bios?

The reset button might need to be held for multiple seconds. MSI might be able to help you.

Also if you didn't unplug your computer while removing the battery you might not of done anything.

Out of paranoia sake unplug wait 30 seconds, hold cmos button for 15 seconds, removed battery then hold the cmos button again for 15 seconds. 

Tried that but still nothing. Video card is spinning but still no video output. 

By any chance when you turn on the computer does your load indicator on your computer (usually red) blink when you turn it on?

I recall a issue I had (forget what caused it), where I put one monitor in the wrong port on my 1070 (maybe when I put the second screen up). So if you have other ports on the gpu try them.

Another thing I'd try is a new video cable. You might have a bad cable that decided to go right as this happened.