Unable to edit posts made within spoiler tags

MageTank

Greetings,

Earlier today I made a post, and forgot to add additional information to the post (in the form of reddit posts). Upon adding the reddit threads, I put them in a spoiler to prevent their length from taking up the entire page, and accidentally left the rest of my post in that spoiler. Upon going back to the post to edit it, I found the text to be impossible to select or delete. Deleting the reddit threads results in the entire content of the spoiler to be deleted. 

The post in question: 

I tried using both Chrome and Firefox, and neither were able to do so. I am currently using Windows 10 (if that matters any) and The time of occurrence was roughly 10 minutes ago from the creation of this post. It's hard to provide a screenshot of the issue, as it's difficult to showcase my inability to select or edit text within a  screenshot. If need be, I can try to create a video of the problem if more information is needed. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

12 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

How did you insert your spoiler?

I edited my post, and typed it out manually.

test

Edit test

Oddly enough, I can edit this spoiler just fine. Is it possible that the dev widget is breaking because of the pasted reddit links? When pasting them, they took on that reddit widget format, and on my other forum post, I can see an outlined blue line from that widget from within the spoiler. 

EDIT: Going to try more tests on this post.

test

Going to see if this can be edited once more.

Okay, so in this exact spoiler, the word "test" cannot be selected or edited, however, the words "going to see if this can be edited once more" can be. Oddly enough, I ended the spoiler directly after the word "test", yet the text following the end of the spoiler somehow ended up in the spoiler. This is definitely going to require a video to demonstrate, as I am having a difficult time putting into words how to describe the process.

Just now, MageTank said:

I edited my post, and typed it out manually.

Hide contents

test

You mean you used BBCode

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

You mean you used BBCode

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

?

Yes, my apologies. I lack experience with the proper terminology. Might be easier if I make a video to demonstrate what I did, might be able to reproduce it. 

8 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Yes, my apologies. I lack experience with the proper terminology. Might be easier if I make a video to demonstrate what I did, might be able to reproduce it. 

I'll look into the issue and pass it onto the forum software devs, but they have previously not been overly interested in BBCode bugs because the idea is that people should use the editor instead.

Until it's fixed, you can work around it by using the spoiler button in the editor (the eye). You can add a spoiler around existing content by selecting that content then clicking the button.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

I'll look into the issue and pass it onto the forum software devs, but they have previously not been overly interested in BBCode bugs because the idea is that people should use the editor instead.

Until it's fixed, you can work around it by using the spoiler button in the editor (the eye). You can add a spoiler around existing content by selecting that content then clicking the button.

Thanks, I was unaware a spoiler button was even added. Guess I am still used to the old forum :P 

I edited the post above to reflect the process a little, though I still feel I explained it inadequately. If they would like a video of the process, I'll gladly provide one.