Microcenter Mail-In Rebates

Lowspecgamer
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Do exactly what the form says exactly how it says to do it, mail it using the label printed on the sheet (don't hand-write the address) and wait 8-10 weeks. 

I recently bought a Gigabyte motherboard from microcenter and it has a rebate option. I've never done a mail-in rebate so how do you do it? 

Do exactly what the form says exactly how it says to do it, mail it using the label printed on the sheet (don't hand-write the address) and wait 8-10 weeks. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

You gotta fill in the mail in card. Mail in rebates are a scam manufacturers do, because some or most dont actually do it.

Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. Otherwise they just chuck it in the trash.

14 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You gotta fill in the mail in card. Mail in rebates are a scam manufacturers do, because some or most dont actually do it.

The overwhelming majority of MIRs are legitimate and will actually send. All the same, keep copies of everything you send. Raidmax, in particular, is notorious for just not sending rebates out. Enermax is said to be hit or miss, though I've done a few and never had an issue. Smaller companies can also be a little sketchy, Azza being one in particular that I've seen some bad stories from.

The manufacturer offering the MIR is betting that you just won't remember to do it. Whoever's processing the MIR is looking for a way to reject it. Companies aren't fans of just giving away money, but none of the big, reputable companies (Raidmax is not reputable) will "lose" your submission and refuse to accept copies of everything sent via email.

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, never, ever buy a Raidmax product expecting a MIR.

Hang on, let me fix that for myself:

Never, ever buy a Raidmax product.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The manufacturer offering the MIR is betting that you just won't remember to do it

Thats why i am saying its a scam, each and every MIR

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Thats why i am saying its a scam, each and every MIR

What? No. Do you understand the meaning of the word "scam"? A scam is putting it out there fully intending not to honor it, or stacking the deck in such a way that claiming the rebate is impossible. If they offer the rebate and honor it for those who follow the directions in submitting their request within the timeframe alloted, it's not even remotely fraudulent. You forgetting to tape a UPC to a piece of paper in a timely fashion isn't a scam at all, it's just you not understanding the concept of a deadline.

Well they arent FULLY, but I will put it this way, and it was mentioned early.

Its partially a scam.

The scam being, the companies could have just put it on sale with no MIR. They use MIR so a certain % dont do the MIR.

There inlays the scam!