Multiple Blue Screens

Hello,

I recently have been having trouble with my custom built PC as it has on at least three separate occasions blue screened, within the past 2 months. I am uncertain as to the cause and I am in desperate need of advice as to how I should proceed with fixing the problem. My current PC is an upgraded version of my first custom built PC, the components are listed below. Some additional information; every once in a while whilst using my PC, simply running Chrome will take up about 70% of my CPU usage. On random occasions my PC will simply be using a substantial amount of CPU power, all spread out amongst various background tasks that are then currently running. Furthermore my PC will on occasion get very high CPU temperatures, I don't know if that is necessarily cause for concern as I have been told that Devil's Canyon CPU's tend to run hotter than most other CPU's. In addition I have attached images I have taken of the blue screens, all of which have different stop codes. I'm looking for any advice on how to solve the problem, whether it be a diagnosis, a solution, or simply a means to help me find the cause of the problem.

Thank You

Component List:

1. Intel - Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
  2. Asus - MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  3. Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
  4. NZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
  5. Kingston - HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  6. Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  7. Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  8. EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 HYBRID GAMING Video Card
  9. Corsair - RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

20171207_134423.jpg

20171231_144331.jpg

20171120_111647.jpg

6 minutes ago, LaserBoss said:

My current PC is an upgraded version of my first custom built PC, the components are listed below.

Perhaps some of the new components caused some weird driver conflict. 

6 minutes ago, LaserBoss said:

Furthermore my PC will on occasion get very high CPU temperatures,

How hot are we talking?

If you go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump it should have some .dmp files. These are memory dump files that can contain information about the crashes that can be extremely helpful. You can open these files with something like NirSoft's BlueScreenView tool.

Sorry for double post:

Furthermore -- if you download NirSofts BlueScreenView you can select all the dumps by pressing ctrl+A , go to "File" at the top, and then "Save Selected Items". If you upload that text file, that will help me and others on the forum pinpoint the problem.

There was only one .dmp file in there regardless here is the text file for it that I got using BlueScreenView

Blue Screen.txt

Okay so in that dump you're getting a bug check code: 0x139 which is described here.

Your parameter 1 is a value of 3, so according to the article: 

A LIST_ENTRY was corrupted (for example, a double remove). For more information, see the following Cause section.

Causes

LIST_ENTRY corruption can be difficult to track down and this bug check, indicates that an inconsistency has been introduced into a doubly-linked list (detected when an individual list entry element is added to or removed from the list). Unfortunately, the inconsistency is not necessarily detected at the time when the corruption occurred, so some detective work may be necessary to identify the root cause.

Common causes of list entry corruption include:

• A driver has corrupted a kernel synchronization object, such as a KEVENT (for example double initializing a KEVENT while a thread was still waiting on that same KEVENT, or allowing a stack-based KEVENT to go out of scope while another thread was using that KEVENT). This type of bug check typically occurs in nt!Ke* or nt!Ki* code. It can happen when a thread finishes waiting on a synchronization object or when code attempts to put a synchronization object in the signaled state. Usually, the synchronization object being signaled is the one that has been corrupted. Sometimes, Driver Verifier with special pool can help track down the culprit (if the corrupted synchronization object is in a pool block that has already been freed).
  • A driver has corrupted a periodic KTIMER. This type of bug check typically occurs in nt!Ke* or nt!Ki* code and involves signaling a timer, or inserting or removing a timer from a timer table. The timer being manipulated may be the corrupted one, but it might be necessary to inspect the timer table with !timer (or manually walking the timer list links) to identify which timer has been corrupted. Sometimes, Driver Verifier with special pool can help track down the culprit (if the corrupted KTIMER is in a pool block that has already been freed).
  • A driver has mismanaged an internal LIST_ENTRY-style linked list. A typical example would be calling RemoveEntryList twice on the same list entry without reinserting the list entry between the two RemoveEntryList calls. Other variations are possible, such as double inserting an entry into the same list.
  • A driver has freed a data structure that contains a LIST_ENTRY without removing the data structure from its corresponding list, causing corruption to be detected later when the list is examined after the old pool block has been reused.
  • A driver has used a LIST_ENTRY-style list in a concurrent fashion without proper synchronization, resulting in a torn update to the list.

Resolution

Determining the cause of this issues typically requires the use of the debugger to gather additional information. Multiple dump files should be examined to see if this stop code has similar characteristics, such as the code that is running when the stop code appears.

For more information, see Crash dump analysis using the Windows debuggers (WinDbg), Using the !analyze Extension and !analyze.

Use the event log to see if there are higher level events that occur leading up to this stop code.

These general troubleshooting tips may be helpful.

• If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it. Or check with the manufacturer to see if any patches are available.

• If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them. Try to determine what changed in the system that caused the new bug check code to appear.

• Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.

• Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.

• Run a virus detection program. Viruses can infect all types of hard disks formatted for Windows, and resulting disk corruption can generate system bug check codes. Make sure the virus detection program checks the Master Boot Record for infections.

• For additional general troubleshooting information, see Blue Screen Data.

I would start by checking device manager and the event log for any messages pertaining to a broken driver. 

I would also try to reinstall new versions of all my drivers.

I checked all my drivers and none were malfunctioning or showed errors from the device manager, except for one USB port, which was unrecognized. Nothing was plugged into that port so I simply disabled it. Then I updated all the other drivers that had available updates. I am currently running the command prompt scan now and will report back once I have the results.

Here is what the scan brought up:

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Also, to answer an earlier question, the CPU would get as high as 87 degrees Celsius, but only on very rare occasions and there has been no evidence that they were in some way related to the blue screens.