Steelseries 6gv2 Pro Gaming Keyboard

gazf1

Your thoughts guys.

sturdiest keyboard in the world

Linus says he's seen the keys pop off while typing on both 6 and 7g models. He suggested that I should try the mionix zibal, have had nothing but problems with it.

I have heard great things about coolermasters more basic mechanical keyboards, price is also good.

but if you're looking for something like the 6gv2 in terms of appearance, Filcos look similar and though I've never used one myself, I've heard nothing but good things in every forum I've seen.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I have one and I love it. The build quality is fantastic and I love the minimalistic design. I only have two problems with it. The layout is strange and the switches are black. I don't have a major problem with the black switches, but I would have preferred having browns or blues.

I am between the steelseries and the Cm Storm Quickfire TK (red or blue), but the steelseries has an amazing feature where you can plug it through ps2 and if you press all the keys simultaneously it will register all of them. I exclusively play bf3 and that feature is great. Something else i would like to share is that coolermaster will be releasing their new cm storm stealth series.

I am between the steelseries and the Cm Storm Quickfire TK (red or blue), but the steelseries has an amazing feature where you can plug it through ps2 and if you press all the keys simultaneously it will register all of them. I exclusively play bf3 and that feature is great. Something else i would like to share is that coolermaster will be releasing their new cm storm stealth series.
Does the TK not have n-key roll over also?

I have the red switch edition of the 6Gv2, and I think it is a really good board for the price. Really sturdy and solidly built. The problems I encountered are 1. the big enter key + small right shift layout, and 2. keycaps. The keycaps don't fall out easily as it used to. Back then when the 6Gv2 were first manufactured the keycaps were extremely loose and would come off just by a simple swipe across the keyboard. I do not have that problem with my 6Gv2. The keycap printing, however, is rather weak. I've used this keyboard for only around 3~4 months, and the keycap fonts are already fading, especially around the WASD keys area because...you know....gaming. Haha. Other than these 2 "issues" which I've already gotten used to, the 6Gv2 is indeed a really good board, really built like a tank.

To fix the keycap issue I actually got a set of white Zowie keycaps and I replaced them onto my 6Gv2, and now my keyboard totally rocks.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Yes it does. You don't have to use a PS/2 interface for it to work either.

I have the red switch edition of the 6Gv2, and I think it is a really good board for the price. Really sturdy and solidly built. The problems I encountered are 1. the big enter key + small right shift layout, and 2. keycaps. The keycaps don't fall out easily as it used to. Back then when the 6Gv2 were first manufactured the keycaps were extremely loose and would come off just by a simple swipe across the keyboard. I do not have that problem with my 6Gv2. The keycap printing, however, is rather weak. I've used this keyboard for only around 3~4 months, and the keycap fonts are already fading, especially around the WASD keys area because...you know....gaming. Haha. Other than these 2 "issues" which I've already gotten used to, the 6Gv2 is indeed a really good board, really built like a tank.

To fix the keycap issue I actually got a set of white Zowie keycaps and I replaced them onto my 6Gv2, and now my keyboard totally rocks.

I forgot to mention the key cap printing. I have the same problem. I have used mine for about three months now. I haven't noticed it wearing down that much, but it still looks untidy. The giant enter key is annoying too, since I would like to have all of my key caps blue and I can't find anywhere that has replacements for it.

ive been using the 6GV2 for over a year and it still works as if it was brand new. as much as i love the board, i do play on buying a Filco Majestouch Ninja. filco's key cap layout is pretty much default allowing me to have a large variety of custom keycaps. the backspace, enter and right shift keys are different compared to filcos, ducky and cooler master.

I really want the red edition of the 6GV2 lol... ;(

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?