cant open file

im not too sure if this is the right place to post this but im trying to create a minecraft server.  I am downloading the file off of mojangs website and it is a .jar file.  Now when i go to open the file, i dont have anything installed to read that file.  The issue was when i had something installed, (beleve it was called WinZip) i would extract the file but it still wouldnt give the correct thing to open to begin working on the server.  So my question is how to i get it to open the file and work the correct way.  And also i have checked i do have the latest version of java installed

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

10 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

go with 7zip.  

this is what pops up when i extract the folder using 7-zip.  still dosent give me the correct stuff.  this is the same stuff that i was getting before

2017-12-30.png

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

25 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

and it is a .jar file

You don't extract a jar-file, you run it with the Java JRE.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.