Bent pin and Broken Pin Head on Motherboard CPU socket.

Thermaltakee

Hello, guys,I have a 1150 socket motherboard and processor (Asrock and Intel Celeron). One pin on the motherboard is bent and one missing its head. I bent the one back and the one missing its head try to align with the rest. The PC starts, shows the logo of the motherboard, I set the installation of Windows through flash memory, but when installing Windows, it shows the windows logo and then the screen goes black. The PC does not restart, works, but just "thinks" - frozen. Also the motherboard  recognises the processor and parameters within limits. Any tips?

Sounds like you need to buy a new motherboard.

You could try RMAing it, not sure if they will accept it though since it is clearly user damage.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That's what I though. Thank you.

Do you think that the cpu is okay, since the PC starts and bios loads? I know you haven't seen it, 

but just based on your experience. 

2 minutes ago, Thermaltakee said:

That's what I though. Thank you.

Do you think that the cpu is okay, since the PC starts and bios loads? I know you haven't seen it, 

but just based on your experience. 

CPU is probably fine. I did somehing similar to a LGA1155 motherboard I had my 2500k in and the processor is still 100% fine. Mobo is a dust collector though unless you can find someone who can transplant a socket. That ain't cheap though.