Entry into the dslr world, my experiences.

slasher0161

Alrighty then folks, so i have bit the bullet and decided to take the plunge into the world of dslr camera's and thought i would share my experiences as a complete photography rookie with my personal assessment of the kit and the results i am able to produce from it.

I sadly wont be able to start giving any feedback on the camera or lense until the 17th as it was bought for the missus for her birthday and while it is sitting there begging me to play with it i figure i better not so for now i'll share a little on my experiences as someone who had never used a camera more exciting then a basic 100 point and shoot (ignoring the old sony cam corder i used back in 2000 that was the size of a modern sff rig).

To be honest as someone going in blind the experience was quite hectic though at least brand was settled for me as she picked canon as her brand preference many years ago. The camera i ended up choosing was an 1100d and because getting one with the basic kit lenses would mean i was going to have to drive an extra 180km round trip that i do every morning for work anyway (lazy stores not being open at 0200) I decided to search for a lense or lenses that wouldn't break the bank and I could buy locally.

The lense i ended up settling upon was a tamron 18-270mm (f3.5-6.5 Di II VC PZD) so while not optimal only having a single lense to work with i figured is would be a fairly well rounded starting point and the few issues i have heard about the lense didn't worry me too much.

So i guess that is all i can really share for now until i can give it a test run on the 17th and see what it can do with some of the local wildlife and scenery here in tropical north queensland australia. If anyone has any feedback on that camera or lense though it would be appreciated.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)