What to do without star screwdriver?

The Dragon

My motherboard needs a star screwdriver to remove the cpu backplate but I don't own one, what can I do?

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

3 minutes ago, The Dragon said:

My motherboard needs a star screwdriver to remove the cpu backplate but I don't own one, what can I do?

Buy one or use a flathead?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

5 minutes ago, The Dragon said:

Just head down to the local hardware store they're only a few dollars if you need one screw driver bit or to get a small set of them. 

Flathead is the poor mans torx.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Our local Tractor Supply has all sorts of screwdrivers, torx drivers, etc. for just a couple of dollars for complete sets.  If you have a Tractor Supply anywhere near you, check there first.

If you don’t have a philips screwdriver, try with a small flathead as mentioned above. Be careful not to strip the head of the screw.