Desktop to laptop projects - Teamviewer? OneDrive?

WAR Corporation
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

One-Drive, Google Cloud, any other online storage solution.

Personally I'd build a cheap little NAS and allow SSH connections from the router. Then you could edit projects from the laptop, desktop or if you're not home just download, edit and re-upload the project files to your NAS. Having a central location to store files when you have multiple machines that need to access them is most convenient.

Hello,

I have two computers. One desktop and one laptop. Sometimes I work on my desktop but sometimes I can't be on my desktop and I use my laptop to work on some projects so I want to be able to work on the same project from my two computers. For example, if I work on a Visual Basic Project on my laptop, I want to see the changes that I made to the project in my desktop as well. I know I could use a flash drive for this, but it takes time and I would like to use an online solution for this.

I've been using team viewer but it's a little bit slow and I don't want to turn my desktop on every time I want to work on that project.

Maybe I can use OneDrive for this?

Hope you can help me, thanks!

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

One-Drive, Google Cloud, any other online storage solution.

Personally I'd build a cheap little NAS and allow SSH connections from the router. Then you could edit projects from the laptop, desktop or if you're not home just download, edit and re-upload the project files to your NAS. Having a central location to store files when you have multiple machines that need to access them is most convenient.

@Windows7ge Oh alright, I never tried OneDrive but I'll try to use it. Thanks!

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

When you're working on your laptop, are you outside / away from home?

If you're still home you can share a folder on your desktop and mount it as a drive on your laptop.

If you're out of the house, then access to Internet and a service like OneDrive or Google Drive would be best as it was suggested.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

@wkdpaul I'm still at home but sometimes I can't be on my desktop and maybe sometimes I will be outside my house. I am using OneDrive and it's actually working for me so far.

Thanks for the help guys!