Nearish Remote Rackmount Gaming

Hi,

Long time channel lurker, really appreciate the community of people that have been created here and brought together through the channel.

Starting my first post with a bit of query regarding a (pipe) dream of mine, the big remote all in one (aka unraid gaming)

I have had a gaming pc's in a rackmounts for some time with a separate unraid (ex freenas user) but never located them downstairs (15m) - where all the spinning rust/ssd drives are racked - due to bandwidth issues, thus always had a beef server down there and stuff up in the computer room.

Running two displays (partner) and a predator 95hz (plus 2 more displays) for me along with 5.1 sound, ton of USB. I thought HDBaseT was going to be the answer - too many compromises, though nice tech for the use case it is *made for*. Then was directed to a certain 2015 personal rig update with thunderbolt 2 being the answer, but i think its limited to 60hz for displays.

Thunderbolt 3 does not have any long cable options (yet?), so havent looked into it much.

Am I correct in thinking it a still a pipe dream of an edge use case? xD

Thanks if you got this far.