no display on monitor, no beeps but led and fans spin.

dno12234

So i built my first pc a month ago and i still havent got it work.

Parts:

cpu: ryzen 5 1600

gpu: asus gtx 660 ti

ram: corsair vengeance 8gb 2400mhz

psu: evga 500 b1

motherboard: msi b350m gaming pro

hdd: 1tb wd blue

At first i assumed the motherboard was busted so i swapped it out for a new one and still doesnt work. Then i thought that the gpu might've been doa so i switched and still doesnt work. The debug lights on the side of the motherboard says that all gpu, cpu, and ram works, but still no display. I switched the ram slots and now the debug lights say it doesn't detect the gpu or the ram. I know the monitor works, because i used it on another computer and ran fine.

Ive been able to get into the bios once or twice, but once i clicked on anything it shut off and went back to showing no display. I havent been able to get back to the bios ever since.

My primary suspect is the power supply, because ive checked the ram and cpu and they both work. I think the psu doesnt output as much power as it's supposed to, and powers the lights and fans but nothing else (at least thats my guess, im not sure if thats how it works) and thats why theres no power going to the ram or gpu.

6 minutes ago, dno12234 said:

So i built my first pc a month ago and i still havent got it work.

Parts:

cpu: ryzen 5 1600

gpu: asus gtx 660 ti

ram: corsair vengeance 8gb 2400mhz

psu: evga 500 b1

motherboard: msi b350m gaming pro

hdd: 1tb wd blue

At first i assumed the motherboard was busted so i swapped it out for a new one and still doesnt work. Then i thought that the gpu might've been doa so i switched and still doesnt work. The debug lights on the side of the motherboard says that all gpu, cpu, and ram works, but still no display. I switched the ram slots and now the debug lights say it doesn't detect the gpu or the ram. I know the monitor works, because i used it on another computer and ran fine.

Ive been able to get into the bios once or twice, but once i clicked on anything it shut off and went back to showing no display. I havent been able to get back to the bios ever since.

My primary suspect is the power supply, because ive checked the ram and cpu and they both work. I think the psu doesnt output as much power as it's supposed to, and powers the lights and fans but nothing else (at least thats my guess, im not sure if thats how it works) and thats why theres no power going to the ram or gpu.

Is the PSU new?  If it's old or used it might be the issue, but it has plenty of capacity for the build you have listed.