£250 GPU change - need advice.

So after christmas I have about £250 GBP maximum to spend on a card. I have been looking at the 1060's and 580's most but would like to hear your input on what you think I should get. Also any information on the pros and cons of the 3/6gb and 4/8gb for either card. Any info on any other ideas is appreciated. Thanks in advance for all replies. 

I mostly play ARMA and am considering pubg. I play at 1080p ftr.

--Moved here due to lack of response--

The 3GB 1060 performs about 5-10% worse than the 6GB. Performance is the same between the 4GB and 8GB 580. 

The 1060 has a lower power draw than the 580, performs a little better in many DX11 titles, and has support for G-sync. If you get a higher end Nvidia GPU, having a decent G-sync monitor will be better than having a Freesync monitor right now.

The 580 performs better in most DX12 and Vulkan titles (more relevant for future games), has support for Freesync, and AMD tends to be better at supporting older architectures once new ones come out. You can also mine faster with it. Freesync monitors tend to cost about £100 less than an equivalent G-sync monitor.  

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The 3GB 1060 performs about 5-10% worse than the 6GB. Performance is the same between the 4GB and 8GB 580. 

The 1060 has a lower power draw than the 580, performs a little better in many DX11 titles, and has support for G-sync. If you get a higher end Nvidia GPU, having a decent G-sync monitor will be better than having a Freesync monitor right now.

The 580 performs better in most DX12 and Vulkan titles (more relevant for future games), has support for Freesync, and AMD tends to be better at supporting older architectures once new ones come out. You can also mine faster with it. Freesync monitors tend to cost about £100 less than an equivalent G-sync monitor.  

would you say at £235 it is worth it or wait for better offer?(RX 580)

Just now, Boyce05 said:

would you say at £235 it is worth it or wait for better offer?(RX 580)

For which one? If it's by Gigabyte or Powercolor, you should skip it, they have absolute garbage VRMs. If it's from any other brand, it's a fair price. Due to the miners, prices haven't really fallen since launch. 

:)