Trust eBay cables?

AT0MAC

I dont trust my own skills in sleeving cables, I can mod a lot of things but cabling im pretty bad at.

Im working on how to rebuild my system and have gotten into a bit of a jam, I would like to make it real pretty this time around as its usually just very plain.

One of the things I want is sleeved cable combed cables.

I have figured out that because Im using a Lian Li PC-V33 case with kind of a basement underneath the motherboard, I only need to focus and make the board side pretty - therefor use extensions.

I live in Denmark and here we dont really have anywere to turn to for great cable sleeving, I would love cable mod cables but wow they cost, even  when I have a 20% voucher....

Would you trust power cables bought of eBay??

I dont know if there is any problem in that, its just a piece of wire, but if its a bad piece of wire it will compromise the whole build.

I dont talk about the looks, because they look just fine, but more the amp/voltage/current aspect, anything to re-consider and should i just go for the cable mod option even when it costs 5x more?

My Gaming PC: 27833

What country do you live? Here, in the UK, there are cable extensions from Shakmods that are pretty cheap. I paid about £40 for an 8-pin EPS, an 8-pin PCI-e and a 24-pin EPS sleeved extensions.

EDIT: Noticed you're from Denmark. Look up Shakmods on ebay.co.uk

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

@CableMod! Have you checked if they'll deliver to you?

image.png.eca4cf59dd75b5c76c1a233176d1232c.png

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Dude that's shakmods. Nothing wrong with them.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, bruny06 said:

What country do you live? Here, in the UK, there are cable extensions from Shakmods that are pretty cheap. I paid about £40 for an 8-pin EPS, an 8-pin PCI-e and a 24-pin EPS sleeved extensions.

EDIT: Noticed you're from Denmark. Look up Shakmods on ebay.co.uk

Yes I have looked them up ;) the ebay underlined in my question is a link to them in ebay, so how is the quality of their cables? I wish they were a little longer, like the ones on cable mod is 45cm for 8 pins, the shakmods are only 30, my case is a strange box so 45cm would fit much nicer, specially for the EPS plug

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

@CableMod! Have you checked if they'll deliver to you?

yes they do, but its $ 141.60 before shipping for the cables I need extensions for, if I want the nicest looking ones from cable mod. i dont see any point on buying their non pro version, if something like shakmod is just as good for way less the price

1 minute ago, AT0MAC said:

yes they do, but its $ 141.60 before shipping for the cables I need extensions for, if I want the nicest looking ones from cable mod. i dont see any point on buying their non pro version, if something like shakmod is just as good for way less the price

I would try the Shakmods then. Please leave a review for them on this forum for others to link to. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

Yes I have looked them up ;) the ebay underlined in my question is a link to them in ebay, so how is the quality of their cables? I wish they were a little longer, like the ones on cable mod is 45cm for 8 pins, the shakmods are only 30, my case is a strange box so 45cm would fit much nicer, specially for the EPS plug

Sorry, I didn't click the link as I didn't see it. The quality is quite good. They look very clean and come with two cable combs that make them look better.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.834ed64562d3a2e3121f8530a92a770f.jpg

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

well I found out that Phanteks make a pretty neat kit that have just the bare minimum of 4 cables I would need, the EPS cable, 2 PCIe 8 pin and the mb cable.

when I looked at Phanteks I also ended up ordering some Halos Lux frames for the front fans, I already have ML120 fans and dont want to switch those out

its ordered, along with some pretty sweet aluminium cable combs - yes they cost more than I like to pay, but they look rad! plastic ones are so 2017 and all this will be assembled in 2018 so have to step it up

...now when I was on ebay anyway, also ordered some cable tie mounts, neoprene rubber for the edges of holes I have to make for the cables in the case, bamboo veneer (wait and see), Shakmods cables for power/leds front panel extensions. All I need now is some white/black sata cables and all ordering should be done.

Thanks for the discussions :)