Thunderbolt setup

Simon771

Not exactly sure where to write this, but I'm interested in making something like Linus did, to move PC in another room.

I'm just wondering if that would be possible with components that I'm using (listed in signature), and what would be price for it.

I would need 5m or 10m long cable, pci-e thunderbolt card and thunderbolt dock that can support one display port for 1440p 75Hz monitor and also HDMI for 1080p 60Hz TV.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

All that should be pretty easy to come by, most Thunderbolt docks support everything you said you need, as long as it's a good quality one. Although given that your board does not support Thunderbolt AICs, that might be a bit difficult for you. Alternatively, you could get long display cables and some USB hubs and run all your cables through a wall.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

38 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

lternatively, you could get long display cables and some USB hubs and run all your cables through a wall.

Make sure they are powered hubs as usb has a distance limit