homeserver/dedicated stream machine

so ive been toying with the idea of using an inhome server for a few things. Mainly to use as a dedicated device to stream to twitch. i have a gaming pc and capture card. my capture card requires usb 3.0 so id have to add a usb 3.0 pcie card. i also have a spare hdd/ssd and videocard. I would also be using it for network storage/media.

I guess my main question, Will OBS work from both cores? will i get better performance from 2x e5649 vs 1x  E5-2660

the two machines ive been toying with are as follows.
the "easy" option:
tower prebuilt server.

or

rackmount with upgraded CPUs
example
Also some interesting cable work to power the usb 3.0 power ( they all seem to need molex or similar connectors for power) 

Thanks in advance.

This is something not everybody can help you with, but I'll try my best.

Are you sure you'll need server-class cpus for that? If it's just for streaming and data storage you can get a lower-class CPU (R5 1400 would be ideal with 4 cores or an i5 but you'll lose out on hyperthreading) and buy an expandable (hot swappable preferably) NAS and 8 gigs of RAM.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

hey thanks for the reply.  Honestly im not exactly looking for advice on other CPUs to go with. im more asking if OBS will utilize multiple CPUs and if there is some level of diminishing returns on cores/threads.

i understand there are other routes, but im not interested in other routes at this moment. 

thanks!

8 minutes ago, thermophile said:

im more asking if OBS will utilize multiple CPUs and if there is some level of diminishing returns on cores/threads.

I don't think OBS uses more than one CPU. 

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶