Router shut down mid-update , wont work anymore

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

I have the file, but i cant upload as i need constant connection to the router and its in a reset loop, if it will keep being online ill be able to upload the firmware file. If you still need the model number its : asus ac1200g+

See if this helps, there might be a restoration tool for your model as well.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

First off , there has been a huge misunderstanding between me and my brother. 
We never had a router firmware update before and yet , my brother decided to start a firmware update while i ( the guy with the router in his room ) was doing something else. 
In that time my brother got a prompt : " do not shut down the router while the update is still going " - the usual of update prompts. 
He didnt bother telling me about it. 
I came in the room , saw internet is not working which is happening like 3 times a week and by unplugging and replugging my router it usually fixes the issue , i did that. 
Now the router is just looping around resets and stuff i have no idea whats going on with it , it just turns on and off by itself and im just afraid doing anything.. 
when i type in my IP in chrome address , i get this window : 
asdasdasdasfgsadfdsggdfgh.png.7730a80b451a2da01ffd217c3e9c9ea1.png

Now , im pretty sure i just need to download the firmware and upload it , but im just so scared of doing something that will make things worse , so i decided to ask you guys before doing anything. 
Ill be super glad if any of you can help me.. my entire family is chugging my phone internet plan right now cause everyone is blaming me xD 
thanks upfront for anyone who can assist me with that!

Yah, the firmware was corrupted so you just need to download and re-install from that webpage.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, the firmware was corrupted so you just need to download and re-install from that webpage.

Ok so how do i do it, because the router is losing connection every 10 seconds, do i log into my ip with wifi or i have to use my router? =/

Just now, lior1111 said:

Ok so how do i do it, because the router is losing connection every 10 seconds, do i log into my ip with wifi or i have to use my router? =/

You'll probably have to connect directly to the router and navigate to the IP address of the router from the connected computer. Hopefully once a file starts uploading the router won't continue to reboot.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You'll probably have to connect directly to the router and navigate to the IP address of the router from the connected computer. Hopefully once a file starts uploading the router won't continue to reboot.

The router reboots every 10 seconds man, im ablw to access the upload page with my phones wifi, should i upload it that way? 

Just now, lior1111 said:

The router reboots every 10 seconds man, im ablw to access the upload page with my phones wifi, should i upload it that way? 

If you've got the file on your phone, yah. At this point it can't really get any worse unless you smash it with a hammer, so things are only looking up from here :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

If you've got the file on your phone, yah. At this point it can't really get any worse unless you smash it with a hammer, so things are only looking up from here :)

Ill try man, i hope its fixable :(

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Its a nogo, i have to fix the reboot loop somehow, any ideas? ?

You don't mention the router's model. It may still be possible to recover the router by uploading the new firmware by way of TFTP-recovery. Go and Google.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

You don't mention the router's model. It may still be possible to recover the router by uploading the new firmware by way of TFTP-recovery. Go and Google.

I have the file, but i cant upload as i need constant connection to the router and its in a reset loop, if it will keep being online ill be able to upload the firmware file. If you still need the model number its : asus ac1200g+

2 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

I have the file, but i cant upload as i need constant connection to the router and its in a reset loop

Yes, I know, I can read. That's why I talked about doing the recovery via TFTP -- uploading the firmware via TFTP doesn't use web-browser, it's a much smaller recovery-system and has better chance of working. See https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Oh, and tell your brother that he is a dumbass for not warning anyone that he's going to update the firmware.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Oh, and tell your brother that he is a dumbass for not warning anyone that he's going to update the firmware.

haha its ok  family is more important than routers :D 
im trying that recovery mode now , will update if it works man , thanks alot!

18 minutes ago, Lurick said:

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Thank you both so fucking much! i was afraid my router is RIP and its a brand new one xP 
all good now!!

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

Thank you both so fucking much! i was afraid my router is RIP and its a brand new one xP 
all good now!!

Happy to be able to be of help!