Unraid

jacob_samd

I can only see my unraid build on one computer in my network. my wifi router is first then everything else on my network is hooked up to a switch that is connected to that router.  For whatever reason my system only shows up on my personal built pc. No other computer.  And i have all of them set to be shared locally. HELP

What OS are you using? I have a similar issue with windows 10 not displaying when you go under network. The easiest thing that I have found is to add it as a network location. You should be able to navigate to it even if it is not appearing.

Would need to know what OS you are using.  On Windows for instance you would want to make sure network discovery is on and you are part of the same workgroup on all devices.  On the router side there might be a DHCP server issue.  You need to make sure all the devices get assigned IPs on the same subnet.  You could try turning off every device, resetting the router, only setup your router with your PC, then add back all the devices starting with the unraid server.  It's also good practice to add each device and manually assign each device to a DHCP IP within the router setting.  I personally use 10.10.10.1 for my router, 10.10.10.2 for my wifi, skip 10.10.10.3-9, 10.10.10.10 is my unraid server, and then random assign devices above 10.10.10.11 and manually assigned them so they never change.  For this you would change your gateway from 192.168.1.1/254 to 10.10.10.1/254. I do this so theres never an issue with knowing what IP my device gets assigned (e.g. my printer is always 10.10.10.20).

On 12/24/2017 at 9:16 AM, theselfishgene said:

Would need to know what OS you are using.  On Windows for instance you would want to make sure network discovery is on and you are part of the same workgroup on all devices.  On the router side there might be a DHCP server issue.  You need to make sure all the devices get assigned IPs on the same subnet.  You could try turning off every device, resetting the router, only setup your router with your PC, then add back all the devices starting with the unraid server.  It's also good practice to add each device and manually assign each device to a DHCP IP within the router setting.  I personally use 10.10.10.1 for my router, 10.10.10.2 for my wifi, skip 10.10.10.3-9, 10.10.10.10 is my unraid server, and then random assign devices above 10.10.10.11 and manually assigned them so they never change.  For this you would change your gateway from 192.168.1.1/254 to 10.10.10.1/254. I do this so theres never an issue with knowing what IP my device gets assigned (e.g. my printer is always 10.10.10.20).

all are using windows 10. so i have tried all the workgroup stuff and discovery is on. I can see all the other computers on my network. Even the ones that do not see the unraid server.  I change the ip address on each device?