Need help with picking budget headphones (music+gaming'

Hello, lads.

As the title probably made obvious, I am looking for recommendations on a good headphones or headset which would suit me both for gaming and music about equally. I don't really care about the looks or brand, my priority is on sound quality AND comfort. I am currently on onboard sound (asus p7p55d evo mobo) and I will soon be upgrading to  a new mobo, most likely a asus prime b350 plus. I might pick up a small DAC and AMP solution later on, but for now I will be sticking to my onboard audio. My budget would ideally be around 60-80 euros, but I can stretch it a little bit if something of great value is just beyond my range.

While we are on it, do you guys no any cheap microphone standalone that doesn't sound half as bad? I don't need much, I would just love to sound clear and it needs to be quite sensitive, as I usually game at night and don't wanna wake people up. Of course, this doesn't apply if I decide to pick up a headset.

Background: I game a lot in my free time. Usually competetive games, like World of Tanks, CoD WW2, Battlefield 1, Fortnite, Brawlhalla and SMITE, but surround is not of huge importance in most of these games. The only one that it would matter in is Call of Duty. I also really like me some Witcher, Civilization, Terraria, Skyrim, Need for Speed and such. I must say though, music is of equal, if not bigger importance to me as opposed to gaming. I mean, I can locate people fine with good stereo speakers, so virtual surround will give me a smaller advantage compared to what I loose in music quality.

Previous experiences: After a long run with cheap stuff like trust, windows stuff and the like, I picked up Creative Sound Blaster Tactical Alpha 3d gaming headset with a dedicated usb soundcard. I loved the quality for the time, as obviously it was a big step up from generic shit. It worked great for both gaming and music. I actually remember my first time I plugged it in and played some World of Tanks. I drove past a big tank as he shot, it scared me shitless. My heart started being furiously and I was really impressed. Unfortunately, I broke that headset in rage a few months in. Since then, I have had inexpensive cooler master headsets, but mostly relied on my decent 2.1 speaker setup during the day, and just muted my games and listened to music during the night. Now I am running on a 20 euro JBL wired on ear headphone. I must say, for that price, it delivers excellent sound quality, but after I wear it for a few hours, my ears hurt as hell. 

Disclaimer: I know jackshit about accoustics, sound quality (as in, I know what sound good to me, but I have no background knowledge on the topic), so I hope you guys don't troll me and make me buy something shit :D

2 minutes ago, derppanzer said:

so I hope you guys don't troll me and make me buy something shit

Nobody here has anything to gain from recommending bad products nor would they want to as they would be very quickly called out by other forum users and have their advice contradicted by the ratings of the product. 

If you can get these (or the newer S variant) at a decent price where you are, then these:

i have had a pretty good experience with my hyperx cloud 2s, once i set an EQ for my music on my phone its perfect but out of the box bass is a little low, its a great gaming headset though, very comfortable 

I personally have the hyper X cloud, it is very good for positional audio and decent for music. there is also a newer version called the hyper X cloud 2 which gets good reviews.

If you are really on a tight budget your best option is the Superlux HD668b.

However you will need to replace the earcups because the cups that comes with it doesnt feel comfortable, dont worry the earcups is cheap though.

But Just because the headphone is cheap doesnt mean its bad.

For the price its ridiculously good.

But if you are not in a really tight budget u could get the HyperX Cloud Core and call it a day.

I own it and this rebranded Tasktar Pro 80 really gives me a good sounds for the price.

So if you need a gaming headset without unnecessary gimmicks like Surround sound and RGB which u cant see cuz u wear it on your head then just buy the CLOUD CORE.

If u can stretch your budget to $100+ u can get the Sennheiser HD558 or Phillips SPH9500 or the Audio Technica M40x.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Shit man, I would love to get the SHP9500 together with the VBOOM mic, but instead of the 80 dollars, it's 140 euros here in the netherlands. That's almost 170 dollars for just that headset. The Sennheiser HD 558 where also rediculously overpriced, but I managed to find the Audio Technica M40x and Cloud (and Cloud II) for a reasonable price. Any other recommendations?

13 minutes ago, derppanzer said:

Shit man, I would love to get the SHP9500 together with the VBOOM mic, but instead of the 80 dollars, it's 140 euros here in the netherlands. That's almost 170 dollars for just that headset. The Sennheiser HD 558 where also rediculously overpriced, but I managed to find the Audio Technica M40x and Cloud (and Cloud II) for a reasonable price. Any other recommendations?

Logitech G533 if not G633

if not Sennheiser Game one or GSP 300

or ATH-AG1X/AG1

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol