Should I buy ram from aliexpress?

Go to solution Solved by System Error Message,
Just now, TeoGFC said:

So can you recommend me a ram that I can use to play lol (league of legends) and use discord at the same time and if it could be from aliexpress

its all to do with the brand and models. For example kingston and corsair value rams are a big no (too many error prone rams despite warranty). Go with proper ram such as team dark, g.skill, crucial, corsair, kingston but no value rams or generic rams (cruicial standard ram is fine though). Some standard ram that offer hynix/samsung chips are fine too as long as they are branded under a decent brand.

Many people dont know but patriot is one of the crappy brands for ram.

Do you need it to begin with?

Yes = buy

No = don't buy.

Make sure you're really after DDR3.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

17 minutes ago, TeoGFC said:

Well,

Hi there

Its christmas and I found this deal on aliexpress  ( http://s.aliexpress.com/F3ArmQjU? ) so Should I buy it or nah?

Merry Christmas

never heard of ddr3 ram only for AMD, i know ddr2 had the high density issue with intel chipsets but afaik there is no such thing as high density ddr3 ram

get the AMD ram since its cheaper for the same speed unless someone can prove there is such a thing that exists

Well...

Are you willing to gamble?

Did you read the feedback on this seller and the item?

Will your system support this kind of RAM?

Do you really need it or are you just buying it cause it's on sale?

4 minutes ago, luigi90210 said:

never heard of ddr3 ram only for AMD, i know ddr2 had the high density issue with intel chipsets but afaik there is no such thing as high density ddr3 ram

get the AMD ram since its cheaper for the same speed unless someone can prove there is such a thing that exists

Well in the description says that the amd one only works on am3 motherboards but mine is fm2 socket type so I dont want to risk it

Just now, TeoGFC said:

Well in the description says that the amd one only works on am3 motherboards but mine is fm2 socket type so I dont want to risk it

just get the amd one, ddr3 is ddr3

its probably all the seller tested it on

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Well...

Are you willing to gamble?

Did you read the feedback on this seller and the item?

Will your system support this kind of RAM?

Do you really need it or are you just buying it cause it's on sale?

1.Yes I am willing to gamble because its cheap

2.Yes I read it and 20 of 2000 reviews are bad and the reviews from my country all good

3.well im not sure but its says the intel one supports all motherboards and im pretty sure my system supports ddr3

4.And yes I really need because here in my country its expensive for me

Just now, TeoGFC said:

1.Yes I am willing to gamble because its cheap

2.Yes I read it and 20 of 2000 reviews are bad and the reviews from my country all good

3.well im not sure but its says the intel one supports all motherboards and im pretty sure my system supports ddr3

4.And yes I really need because here in my country its expensive for me

Good luck

3 minutes ago, luigi90210 said:

just get the amd one, ddr3 is ddr3

its probably all the seller tested it on

Well i`ll test it

Screenshot_2017-12-23-11-39-31.png

5 minutes ago, TeoGFC said:

Well i`ll test it

Screenshot_2017-12-23-11-39-31.png

If it's not compatible with your system (FM2) then I'd suggest you look around for one that is, don't be hasty.

bought some a while ago for a system, doesn't work with intel dr3 systems, there was a reason but I can't remember why atm something to do with the imc. worked fine in my old fx system though.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Actually unlike what all the comments have mentioned the main factor to buying ram is the brand and model. As long as you dont buy bad ram you'll be fine but you also must becareful when picking registered ram. If your board and CPU dont support registered ram dont buy it. If your board does, dont mix registered and unregistered (sometimes called buffered and unbuffered)

ECC and non ECC doesnt matter.

2 hours ago, System Error Message said:

Actually unlike what all the comments have mentioned the main factor to buying ram is the brand and model. As long as you dont buy bad ram you'll be fine but you also must becareful when picking registered ram. If your board and CPU dont support registered ram dont buy it. If your board does, dont mix registered and unregistered (sometimes called buffered and unbuffered)

ECC and non ECC doesnt matter.

Well to say the truth for the first time i`ve heard about unregistered, registered and buffed, unbuffed ram so I dont know if my proccesor (AMD A4-7300) will support unregistered and unbuffed ram

when in doubt, by unregistered/unbuffered (they are the same term).

However you must first check the brand and modal of ram

Looking at the ram i wouldnt touch it. Its unbranded generic ram which is so bad in stability that it comes with errors.

6 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

when in doubt, by unregistered/unbuffered (they are the same term).

However you must first check the brand and modal of ram

Looking at the ram i wouldnt touch it. Its unbranded generic ram which is so bad in stability that it comes with errors.

So you are saying that I should give up on that ram and look for another one?

1 minute ago, TeoGFC said:

So you are saying that I should give up on that ram and look for another one?

correct, many ram tend to be weird brand names that really are crap. They are sold because people dont notice the errors in regular use (2 hour a day PC peeps, basic use that doesnt stress or use all ram).

4 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

correct, many ram tend to be weird brand names that really are crap. They are sold because people dont notice the errors in regular use (2 hour a day PC peeps, basic use that doesnt stress or use all ram).

So can you recommend me a ram that I can use to play lol (league of legends) and use discord at the same time and if it could be from aliexpress

Just now, TeoGFC said:

its all to do with the brand and models. For example kingston and corsair value rams are a big no (too many error prone rams despite warranty). Go with proper ram such as team dark, g.skill, crucial, corsair, kingston but no value rams or generic rams (cruicial standard ram is fine though). Some standard ram that offer hynix/samsung chips are fine too as long as they are branded under a decent brand.

Many people dont know but patriot is one of the crappy brands for ram.

AMD ONLY generally means high density. I know, I have bought it and it doesn't work with Intel or most AMD. Just steer clear of it.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430