need headset recommendations under $200 AUD

Zohan2000

sadly my kingston hyperX cloud headset has died, whats a good headset to buy, willing to spend up to $200 (more if its worth it)

currently looking at the corsair VOID pro, Audio-Technica ATH-PG1, HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro, Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum, ASUS ROG Strix Wireless and the Sennheiser GSP 350, gonna look at some reviews of these and try to make a choice

is it worth buying just a set of headphones then buying a separate microphone to use? i guess it would come with better quality sound

1 minute ago, Zohan2000 said:

is it worth buying just a set of headphones then buying a separate microphone to use? i guess it would come with better quality sound

don't know much about the rest but a separate microphone is probably not needed unless you record voice overs and commentary type stuff

you can get the void pro refurbished on corsairs website for around $50

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

25 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

sadly my kingston hyperX cloud headset has died, whats a good headset to buy, willing to spend up to $200 (more if its worth it)

currently looking at the corsair VOID pro, Audio-Technica ATH-PG1, HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro, Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum, ASUS ROG Strix Wireless and the Sennheiser GSP 350, gonna look at some reviews of these and try to make a choice

Look mate logitech g633 is not a good choice. Ive had my g933 and the usb dosent plug in properly anymore correctly, I have to hold it so it can get charged. Anyways, You might be asking why i am talking about g933 if you want a g633? Well basically what im trying to say is that logitech cheaped out on this generation of gaming headsets. I would recommend HyperX Cloud II or some Seinheiser that you can afford(Many out there). I havent tried the new line of logitech headsets but uhm I guess they fixed it since this headset is almost 3 years old? Plus theyre really good brand

4 minutes ago, HazeTheBeater said:

Look mate logitech g633 is not a good choice. Ive had my g933 and the usb dosent plug in properly anymore correctly, I have to hold it so it can get charged. Anyways, You might be asking why i am talking about g933 if you want a g633? Well basically what im trying to say is that logitech cheaped out on this generation of gaming headsets. I would recommend HyperX Cloud II or some Seinheiser that you can afford(Many out there). I havent tried the new line of logitech headsets but uhm I guess they fixed it since this headset is almost 3 years old? Plus theyre really good brand

Btw the audio gets worse by time, I think it has to do with how many times ive dropped it in the floor by accident by the years or something.¿

30 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

About your mic issue, tbh if youre not a streamer or someone who needs it, dont get it. I can guarantee your friends arent gonna mind the average sound quality gaming headsets have these days.

philips shp9500 + V-Moda Boompro mod mic.

is what i have.

is good.

Unless you do streams or record plays, i'd suggest HyperX Cloud 2 or their latest which has a much better bass/audio the HyperX Cloud Alpha. You can get them for only $99. Pretty worth it.

She ain't pretty but she works again, pulled it apart to check wires, nothing broken till my dad noticed a kink and saw wires poking through so a quick solder job and some tape and it's alive once again

25542350_1677634869022712_7554794877311988981_o.jpg