Seagate FireCuda vs Barracuda?

Guanzo

I need some extra storage for game installation drive (big file game that I rarely play) so I don't wanna spend extra money on SSD and will looking toward a HDD

I already have an overrated WD Black that not even fast, and a slower 5.4k rpm WD Blue ,so I think I'll go for Seagate this time.

I saw new SSHD Firecuda 2TB  came out(99.99$), which they said it's fast, but new Barracuda 3TB is $15 cheaper..(84.99$)

Which one is better?

10 minutes ago, Guanzo said:

I need some extra storage for game installation drive (big file game that I rarely play) so I don't wanna spend extra money on SSD and will looking toward a HDD

I already have an overrated WD Black that not even fast, and a slower 5.4k rpm WD Blue ,so I think I'll go for Seagate this time.

I saw new SSHD Firecuda 2TB  came out(99.99$), which they said it's fast, but new Barracuda 3TB is $15 cheaper..(84.99$)

Which one is better?

Quiet frankly if you really want just the speed then the firecuda would be faster as it has a SSD cache built in but i can tell you that the plain green barracuda would be better for the extra storage, i get anything from 165-225MB/s in copying games from my OS(SSD) disk to one of the plain green 3TB barracuda storage drives i have, the firecuda would be faster according to file size.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I have a Firecuda as my game drive since the 1TB blue was getting low performance and in the red on storage capacity.

If they're pretty close in price, then you may want to go with the FireCuda, aside from the SSD cache, which, after you've used the drive for a little bit, will begin to recognize which data is being accessed most frequently and put it on the SSD cache for faster performance/load times, there is also warranty to consider. BarraCudas come with a 2 year limited warranty, the FireCuda comes with a 5 year. Just make sure you get the 3.5" version if your system supports 3.5" drives, because it will be 7200 RPM whereas the 2.5" version is 5400 RPM.

Regardless of which you decide is right for you in the end, thank you for considering Seagate!

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On 12/21/2017 at 12:40 PM, Guanzo said:

Which one is better?

The only real differentiating factor between these drives is one having some SSD modules while the other not having any SSD modules for storing your data. The SSHD could improve performance in only certain applications such as needing to access only a few programs over and over again (like in an OS). I would recommend that you select the new Barracuda 3TB due to it being an overall better value for the money.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch