Cable Management - Phantek Enthoo Evolv itx

Go to solution Solved by seon123,
Just now, 22hs22 said:

Thanks man I'm trying not too go to cheap on PSU, but damn PSU can get pretty pricy as well.

Ive read that the gigabyte mobo vram heats up as well(which is scary in an itx case) but I hope it happens only when overclocking and i dont plan on overclocking atm. 

Yeah, it's got a pretty tiny heatsink. The stock cooler should provide some airflow over it, so it should be fine. It's not like Ryzen draws a lot of power. 

Hi I am planning on building a ryzen budget gaming itx pc. I have chosen all the parts and was pretty sure on pressing the trigger when I read reviews that says the gigabyte motherboard isn't that good. Im from Malaysia so in US my budget would be around 1000usd. 

I went with the cheapest mobo but also seems good, but now im worried i will come across cable management issues with my phanteks enthoo evolv itx case. Since the layout of this Gigabyte mobo is different, the sata cables and psu cable are on the top, will I come across any serious issues?

Anyone who has experience can suggest me on what to do. I could go with the Asrock mobo but its a bit more expensive and does not come with built in RGB. However if the cable management is really tough then i might consider switching to the Asrock mobo which would cost me more and i have to buy an external rgb lighting. 

I am mainly going to use this pc for gaming(pubg, dota, csgo) and some video editing.

These are my specs: 

AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.6GHZ SOCKET AM4 PROCESSOR w/ Wraith Spire Cooler
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gigabyte Mini-ITX Motherboard GA-AB350N-Gaming Wifi for AMD AM4        
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palit Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 - GTX1060 Dual Fan    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1tb wd caviar blue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
120gb ssd kingston                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
case phanteks enthoo evolv itx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8gb ddr4 valueram (get used ram, or wait prices to drop)                     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evga bv 500w 80+bronze

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The Gigabyte mITX B350 board is alright. Not really a problem.

The bigger issue is the PSU, which is crap. The CX450M would be a much better PSU. Or use the PSU tier list, and find a tier 1-3 PSU.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Thanks man I'm trying not too go to cheap on PSU, but damn PSU can get pretty pricy as well.

Ive read that the gigabyte mobo vram heats up as well(which is scary in an itx case) but I hope it happens only when overclocking and i dont plan on overclocking atm. 

Just now, 22hs22 said:

Yeah, it's got a pretty tiny heatsink. The stock cooler should provide some airflow over it, so it should be fine. It's not like Ryzen draws a lot of power. 

:)

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The Gigabyte mITX B350 board is alright. Not really a problem.

The bigger issue is the PSU, which is crap. The CX450M would be a much better PSU. Or use the PSU tier list, and find a tier 1-3 PSU.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

also would this psu be sufficient enough it also has a decent price tag.

# AeroCool KCAS Series 80+® Bronze PSU # 500W

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Not really a good PSU. You can afford a 1600 and a 1060 6GB, that should mean you can afford a CX450/CX450M. 

dope, thanks for the recommendation that psu worth it and ill probably go with that.

I would personally steer away from any Gigabyte AMD board. Try if you can find anything from AsRock or Asus (Gigabyte has a heavy favoritism for intel)

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P