Does my AF120 work?

Jericho375
Go to solution Solved by r3loAded,

At this point I'm not sure what these AF120 fans are supposed to be. I had in my previous build 8 of them in total inside. The fist time I booted up it sounded like an Antonov at take off and kept the speeds once in windows. Also as you said it's only 3 pin and cannot be controlled through motherboard. That's why I bought and NZXT Grid+ V2 and set up the fan curve to silent. They work fine like that and I can feel the pressure but not that much.

If you really want to see if it makes any impact on thermals, check the temp with the fan unplugged and see if any difference.

Hello, I recently built my first computer the case was a 460x crystal series. Unfortunately the case does not come with an exhast fan, so I ended up going with a AF120 quiet edition. When I hooked up the the fan I noticed there was not very much coming out of it and my case  was reaching temps of 87 degrees F. The fan is a 3 pin so adjusting the RPMs is out of question. Power consumption is out of question because I have a EVGA G3 750, and the fans that come with the case work perfectly. Any suggestions?

EFCBC1EA-D1C8-4DEF-9706-0674BEB2AF9B.jpeg

09DC57FD-B874-4510-BCF2-3195C8F80656.jpeg

E0DE2BD2-FC47-45BF-8657-B4BB1A5D4997.jpeg

18B3D94E-DF18-4ED8-8E67-83C6314E9875.jpeg

AE3F0E97-BB2E-453B-BBE3-92B976F66D25.jpeg

C81B8709-0B4F-4F08-A2C6-6C0976B0450D.jpeg

I understand that but it doesn’t answer my topic question of the functionality of the fan

try connecting it to a different header to find out if it is actually the fan that is the problem

I did and it has the same result. However I did notice upon start up it does have good pressure for the first 5 seconds then lowers its pressure. 

Your fan is fine. The fan curve is just set to silence, so if you want better cooling change the fan curve. Also, 30C is perfectly fine for idle temps.

At this point I'm not sure what these AF120 fans are supposed to be. I had in my previous build 8 of them in total inside. The fist time I booted up it sounded like an Antonov at take off and kept the speeds once in windows. Also as you said it's only 3 pin and cannot be controlled through motherboard. That's why I bought and NZXT Grid+ V2 and set up the fan curve to silent. They work fine like that and I can feel the pressure but not that much.

If you really want to see if it makes any impact on thermals, check the temp with the fan unplugged and see if any difference.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz