Is the Samsung Galaxy S7 still worth buying?

AAB

Hi

The S7(exynos) costs just Rs.24000 in India now i just wish to know if its still a decent phobe to buy?

A good camera is what I am looking for...

All suggestion welcome.

In my opinion, you should definitely not buy the s7 this late because the hardware is way too slow and laggy by now. The OnePlus 5T would be a perfect phone for you, a great camera and also a great display, if that is out of your budget then consider going for the OnePlus 5 it also has the great hardware and camera but the display is sub-par. Hope this helped!

18 minutes ago, AAB said:

Hi

The S7(exynos) costs just Rs.24000 in India now i just wish to know if its still a decent phobe to buy?

A good camera is what I am looking for...

All suggestion welcome.

If a good camera is what you are looking for then yes. The S7 is still good. It's not the best out there but it still has a good camera. 
The only problem i see is slowing down and support for the phone. Samsung doen't have the best reputation regarding support for their phones and their phones tend to slow down over time due to a slugish skin over android. 
If you find a good deal for it you could go for it. Personally i would go for the OnePlus 5T or another phone rather than the S7. I just don't trust samsung enough to keep the device up to date and I don't think the phone will perform very well in a year or two time. 

Take the Google Nexus 5 for instance (not the X). Although it doesn't have a good camera it is a good example of good software on a good device. After all these years it still runs very good. That's something you will not find with the S7. 

2 hours ago, sahil.nayar12 said:

In my opinion, you should definitely not buy the s7 this late because the hardware is way too slow and laggy by now. The OnePlus 5T would be a perfect phone for you, a great camera and also a great display, if that is out of your budget then consider going for the OnePlus 5 it also has the great hardware and camera but the display is sub-par. Hope this helped!

I beg to differ on that. The newer Snapdragon 835 is a relatively small performance jump (with a focus on power consumption). While it's fair to say that the Snapdragon 820 may be power hungry, calling it slow is false.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

My main concern would be support.

Samsung is notorious for dropping support for phones as quickly as it can.  If your Galaxy phone gets two major OS updates, you're lucky.  And the S7 is nearly two years old, so it's right near that cutoff point.  It'll get Oreo at some point, but I wouldn't count on it getting Android P.

The hardware is still very good, so definitely consider it if you're more interested in a good camera than future software... just know that its software future will be limited.