maximum height of cpu cooler in 4U rack case

ElliotGustafsson

What is the maximum height of a cpu cooler that fit in a 4U case, would my noctua nh-d15 fit?

Check your case specs, it usually has the dimensions inside the case and the CPU cooler you want would also have height dimensions and what not, that should give you an idea about how much space you have.

Also check if it's gonna interfere with your RAM and if you can place a fan in the places you want/need.

4U would be 178 mm spacing, but that includes the panels, spacing between the bottom and the motherboard, the motherboard, etc. I'm certain the NH-D15 would not fit.

Some of the shortest 120 mm fan tower coolers include the Thermalright True Spirit 120M and the Cryorig H7, which are 145 mm tall. I think that would fit but am not sure. It may depend on the exact 4U unit.

Did you look at AIO's as well? Instead of having a big heat-sink on top of the the CPU, you just have a small heat transferring device on the CPU while the radiator is attached to the case

12 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Did you look at AIO's as well? Instead of having a big heat-sink on top of the the CPU, you just have a small heat transferring device on the CPU while the radiator is attached to the case

The thing is that i already own the nh-d15 and it is in my computer today :).