Budget bluetooth speaker = Budget quality ? -AUKEY SK-M18 outdoor wireless speaker

VIDEO REVIEW : (Written Below)

WRITTEN REVIEW : 

Hey, its almost christmas so what about a gift you could give to yourself , or a gift that you want to give to someone you dont really care about because clearly if you cared about them you would have bought their gift sooner.

--------

Snows here and today we’re reviewing the Aukey outdoor / indoor wireless speaker also known as the aukey SK-M18.

As you can see ( in the video ) , it has a freakish resemblance to a very large can of soup , or to the AXESS tube speaker or to the Mental Beats tube speaker. Well its because they are made from the same design !

lets give it a physical inspection. On one side we have a 4 inch subwoofer and on the other side flanking the buttons and input we have 2 smaller speaker. You have 3 ways of playing music through the speakers, bluetooth for some wirefree goodness, Radio for some reason and the typical AUX input for some appropriate earrape.

For the controls you have some media button and a mode change button to go from bluetooth to radio. The aux will always have priority over the 2 wireless methods so keep that in mind. You also have a handle and a shoulder strap to look like a doofus outside. Or to hang it somewhere.

Honestly , when I looked at it for the first time , I thought it would kick ass because of its shape , the bazooka like figure it has make it feel powerful but I was disappointed to say the least.

Alright so lets jump into sound quality.

The 2 speakers are 2W strong and the woofer is 7W weak. The sound is very unidirectional for each side which means that if you walk around it , you will always have more bass on one side and more highs on the other which honestly is a not so great experience when listening to it. The best place to put it in my testing is in a time out… let me explain. Put it in the corner of a room facing the sub or the tweeters to the corner and you will have balanced sound through the room but the problem is that its not consistent throught its whole volume range.

I get it , its hard to make a speaker sound consistent from  its lowest to its highest volume but the problem is that at 11W its not really powerful for its size. The highs sound tinny and the low end is just weak.

In conclusion , if you’re a tiny bit into sound quality dont buy this speaker , but the Tronsmart E6 its better , just a little more moneys and its much smaller , about 30% the size of the aukey.

Thanks for reading and Subscribe to my channel if you’re so inclined , I’ve got some cool stuff coming.