Troubles with Corsair H115i

So I recently purchased the Corsair H115i and after having installed it I'm having a few issues. Firstly whenever I boot up a game it winds up and sounds like a jet engine. I can't tell if it's the pump or the fans, although I think it's the fans/fan. Even after I close the game it still stays ramped up! As well as this my temps don't seem to be amazing. At idle on my stock 6700K speeds I'm sitting at around 30-35 Degrees. Load in gaming I'm peaking in the 60-70 celsius range. This just seems too high and is about the same if not worse than my old Cooler Master Hyper 212X. Changing the setting in Corsair Link for the fan from quiet to custom helps a little bit, but it's still intolerable. Please help! I was hoping for a quiet or about the same as air cooler with way colder temps experience. Instead I have a hot jet engine... :/

11 minutes ago, TSL said:

So I recently purchased the Corsair H115i and after having installed it I'm having a few issues. Firstly whenever I boot up a game it winds up and sounds like a jet engine. I can't tell if it's the pump or the fans, although I think it's the fans/fan. Even after I close the game it still stays ramped up! As well as this my temps don't seem to be amazing. At idle on my stock 6700K speeds I'm sitting at around 30-35 Degrees. Load in gaming I'm peaking in the 60-70 celsius range. This just seems too high and is about the same if not worse than my old Cooler Master Hyper 212X. Changing the setting in Corsair Link for the fan from quiet to custom helps a little bit, but it's still intolerable. Please help! I was hoping for a quiet or about the same as air cooler with way colder temps experience. Instead I have a hot jet engine... :/

You should be able to customise your fan speeds in your bios. Is your cpu overclocked? Those temperatures seem normal if you are running a decent overclock.

3 minutes ago, WhyAlwaysMe said:

You should be able to customise your fan speeds in your bios. Is your cpu overclocked? Those temperatures seem normal if you are running a decent overclock.

No overclock

I've determined that the noise is actually my GPU fans. For some strange reason 2 out of 3 of them are pinned at 100% and I can't fix it!

Just now, TSL said:

No overclock

That's strange. I would suggest looking at some benchmarks and if your cpu is indeed running hotter than it should, contact Corsair and try get a replacement

Just now, TSL said:

I've determined that the noise is actually my GPU fans. For some strange reason 2 out of 3 of them are pinned at 100% and I can't fix it!

Most motherboard manufacturers have software that can control fan speeds.

13 minutes ago, TSL said:

Install the software that came with the graphics card, that way you can control fan speeds and pick a predefined profile or create your own :-)

Edit: the H115i can also be really load, but thats also fixed with setting a profile in the Corsair Link software, if the pump is connected via the usb cable.

15 minutes ago, TSL said:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, pmos said:

Install the software that came with the graphics card, that way you can control fan speeds and pick a predefined profile or create your own :-)

Yeah this doesn't work. I've tried MSI afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak II and EVGA Precision OC. All report the fans at being 0rpm. So does HardwareInfo and HardwareMonitor. I searched around and apparently this is a common bug on strix cards that doens't have a fix - you just gotta hope it'll go away after one reboot or two... :/

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

It happened to me with a lot of Corsair fans. If you want you could apply one of these - check picture - on each fa and you're good to go, hopefully :) 

pwm.JPG

Thanks, I'll look into it

32 minutes ago, TSL said:

After a little bit of research, I found some similar cases to yours. Try and reinstall the cooler and apply new thermal paste.

13 minutes ago, WhyAlwaysMe said:

Most motherboard manufacturers have software that can control fan speeds.

They're all bugged out - ALL of them

1 minute ago, TSL said:

Yeah this doesn't work. I've tried MSI afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak II and EVGA Precision OC. All report the fans at being 0rpm. So does HardwareInfo and HardwareMonitor. I searched around and apparently this is a common bug on strix cards that doens't have a fix - you just gotta hope it'll go away after one reboot or two... :/

Then you should talk to asus about a replacement :-)

Just now, WhyAlwaysMe said:

After a little bit of research, I found some similar cases to yours. Try and reinstall the cooler and apply new thermal paste.

OK, I'll do this and see what happens. It's on pretty tight though and it was a clean install - I didn't put it on and off or anything

Just now, pmos said:

Then you should talk to asus about a replacement :-)

It's weird why it would do it after I installed a liquid cooler. It's been working flawlessly for a year already

1 minute ago, TSL said:

Thanks, I'll look into it

Sorry, I misread when you said that the sound comes from the GPU and not from the AIO fans, and recommended those thing for AIO fans.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Sorry, I misread when you said that the sound comes from the GPU and not from the AIO fans, and recommended those thing for AIO fans.

Yeah, I'll look into it anyway as the stock fans are loud af

3 minutes ago, TSL said:

Yeah, I'll look into it anyway as the stock fans are loud af

Yeah, the thing is, those adaptors work with case fans connectors. The GPU ones have different connectors.

Have you tried SpeedFan software? Might work and manage to slow them a little bit.

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

Yeah, the thing is, those adaptors work with case fans connectors. The GPU ones have different connectors.

Have you tried SpeedFan software? Might work and manage to slow them a little bit.

I was reffering to the AIO fans :D. I'll check out SpeedFan but I doubt it will work as all other software has zero control over them

Just now, TSL said:

I was reffering to the AIO fans :D. I'll check out SpeedFan but I doubt it will work as all other software has zero control over them

Sorry if I look confused.

You might be surprised how efficient SpeedFan could be. I was in similar situation and SpeedFan was the only one to help. You just need to configure it properly ;) - youtube - jayz2dollars :))

You can slow down the fans in Corsair link with manual curve and perhaps increase pump speed to full. 25-30% of fan speed is the lowest the fans will go. Do you have fan speed tied to CPU or radiator temp?

EDIT: Also download Aida64 on try to run FPU for 30min. Then you will how far the temps go. If it starts to throttle then there must be a defect with H115i or bad paste application / fittings tightness.

19 hours ago, DanielMiddletown said:

You can slow down the fans in Corsair link with manual curve and perhaps increase pump speed to full. 25-30% of fan speed is the lowest the fans will go. Do you have fan speed tied to CPU or radiator temp?

EDIT: Also download Aida64 on try to run FPU for 30min. Then you will how far the temps go. If it starts to throttle then there must be a defect with H115i or bad paste application / fittings tightness.

Pump speed is at full - already set up a custom curve - the fans are still super noisy (they're tolerable but I'm thinking of replacing them). At 0-5% Load on the CPU (complete idle) I'm getting about 30 Degrees Celsius. I'll buy some after market thermal compound and reinstall the pump - hopefully it's just this - I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing.

19 hours ago, r3loAded said:

You might be surprised how efficient SpeedFan could be. I was in similar situation and SpeedFan was the only one to help. You just need to configure it properly ;) - youtube - jayz2dollars :))

I turned of PC and removed graphics card. After doing this about 3 times it seems to have fixed it. Very strange issue - I haven't tried booting a game on it yet however

20 hours ago, r3loAded said:

Never mind, the moment I booted BF4 I'm getting the 100% speeds again... *sigh*