Aoc G2460PF White and blacks

IDEK

I brought a Aoc G2460PF for its price , 144hz capability and because my previous main monitor for games was also AOC ( specifically the 2267W), which i have always thought of it as being perfectly coloured.. Ive had it for a day or so now and cant get the colours to seem right. Ive tweaked all avaliable settings for the monitor and using Nvidia control panel , and the problem is that the Whites are WAAAY to bright , to the point that it gives me headaches quickly, but then at the same time the darks are waaaaay to dark , to the point where i cant to see in places in films and games where i never before had this issue. Im not sure if this is a feature of this monitor and there is still time to send it back if there is no fixing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ty in advance.

Edit:::: i just found out there is a thing called shadow control , but when i use that it makes the entire screen completely washed up, so im not sure how it could help.

Edited by IDEK

7 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Maybe you need to reduce the contrast.

This review of the monitor has some suggested settings.

Ive looked through lots of different reviews for the ideals , and they seem to vary quite alot , thats why i asked here to get some different perspectives.

16 hours ago, IDEK said:

Ive looked through lots of different reviews for the ideals , and they seem to vary quite alot , thats why i asked here to get some different perspectives.

The monitor can actually produce quite good color, but the controls on the monitor aren't really adequate for addressing it, calibration equipment helps a lot. I can send you the calibration profile I use for mine when I get home, but I'm out of town at the moment.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:58 PM, IDEK said:

This is the profile I use:

(Note: you must be logged into a forum account to download from this link)

G2460PF #3 2017-11-05 22-27 120cdm² D7200 2.4 S XYZLUT+MTX.icm

How to install: https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/

Monitor settings are at:

[Luminance section]

Eco Mode: Standard

Game Mode: Off

(Set those first, otherwise they silently modify the other settings)

Contrast: 40

Brightness: 8

Gamma: Gamma3

DCR: Off

Overdrive: Off

Shadow Control: 50

Color Temp: User
Red: 49
Green: 50
Blue: 48
DCB Mode/Demo: Off

On 12/19/2017 at 12:49 AM, Glenwing said:

I downloaded it and tried to install but when im click " add" in the colour management system and select the profile , nothing happens. 

Also sorry for late reply i have been away during the holidays

4 minutes ago, IDEK said:

I downloaded it and tried to install but when im click " add" in the colour management system and select the profile , nothing happens. 

Also sorry for late reply i have been away during the holidays

You may have to restart, I'm not sure

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

You may have to restart, I'm not sure

yeah i did , its working and this is one of the best presets ive found. Thanks for the help :)

On 12/19/2017 at 12:49 AM, Glenwing said:

G2460PF #3 2017-11-05 22-27 120cdm² D7200 2.4 S XYZLUT+MTX.icm

Monitor settings are at:

[Luminance section]

Using all these settings i was happy with how the image looked for a few hours . While i play games i have youtube or such on my second screen ( which has what i see as basically perfect colour for me) And took no notice of it. I tabbed out of the game and put the video on my New screen with the above settings and realised how big a difference the two had . I Took These pictures with my iphone as that seems like it will be a good mediator for the two screens. In the new monitor the colours All look out of place and unnatural , with the reds being way to bright and vibrant in both the fore and background , and the rest of the scene looks like there are light sources in every possible angle. In the other picture ( which i deem to be miles better) The image seems much more natural and toned down. Ive spent another hour playing around with the vibrancy and contrast to no avail and im not sure what to do. i tested with other videos too this is just the best example i came up with

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

On 12/25/2017 at 8:21 AM, IDEK said:

Using all these settings i was happy with how the image looked for a few hours . While i play games i have youtube or such on my second screen ( which has what i see as basically perfect colour for me) And took no notice of it. I tabbed out of the game and put the video on my New screen with the above settings and realised how big a difference the two had . I Took These pictures with my iphone as that seems like it will be a good mediator for the two screens. In the new monitor the colours All look out of place and unnatural , with the reds being way to bright and vibrant in both the fore and background , and the rest of the scene looks like there are light sources in every possible angle. In the other picture ( which i deem to be miles better) The image seems much more natural and toned down. Ive spent another hour playing around with the vibrancy and contrast to no avail and im not sure what to do. i tested with other videos too this is just the best example i came up with

I'll look into what other profiles I have when I get home. In the meantime, two notes:

1. Adjusting any color settings in the NVIDIA/AMD control panels will deactivate any existing color profile in favor of the NV/AMD settings; internally they work by creating their own color profile and using that one instead of whatever else you had before, so the NV/AMD settings don't "stack" with color management profiles.
  2. Video player software will often ignore or override color profiles. If this is youtube or another browser-based player though, this is probably not the case.

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2017 at 1:49 AM, Glenwing said:

G2460PF #3 2017-11-05 22-27 120cdm² D7200 2.4 S XYZLUT+MTX.icm 723.24 kB · 475 downloads

Monitor settings are at:

[Luminance section]

I know that this post was a long time ago but is it possible to reupload the profile? I still have this monitor and never found a really good profile so i want to try some other.

7 minutes ago, Tobaluga said:

I know that this post was a long time ago but is it possible to reupload the profile? I still have this monitor and never found a really good profile so i want to try some other.

That link should still work. It can't be downloaded without an account though I think.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, Glenwing said:

That link should still work. It can't be downloaded without an account though I think.

Yeah... you're right.

Thank you :)

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2017 at 1:49 AM, Glenwing said:

(Note: you must be logged into a forum account to download from this link)

G2460PF #3 2017-11-05 22-27 120cdm² D7200 2.4 S XYZLUT+MTX.icm 723.24 kB · 783 downloads

Monitor settings are at:

[Luminance section]

Hey men sorry to be this late! Can you please share the profile again if you have it by any chance?