When will net neutrailty repeal take affect

as for all that is mentioned here, some things you aren't thinking of, which surely will happen.

The internet isn't a "one network" it is run by several companies like Level 3, ATT, Comcast, Telecom, only to name a few that come to mind. 

Those companies pay each other to route their traffic. Because when you, for example, a comcast customer request s service that needs to run through the internet parts run by Telecom, you may get throttled speeds, due to comcast not paying what Telecom wants to the fullest, and vice versa. It is not only your connection at home are some packages you may buy in the future for unthrottled experience.

So there is much more at stake here that will have repercussions on a world wide scale.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

2 minutes ago, pmos said:

its the ISP's internal networks.. it is not the internet, it just connects americans to the internet, and thats the only part they have control over :-)

wrong...

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

3 minutes ago, pmos said:

its the ISP's internal networks.. it is not the internet, it just connects americans to the internet, and thats the only part they have control over :-)

Who do you think operates the backbones of the US networks? The big ISPs. They control that too.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Yes, but i'm talking about the internet.. what happens in usa doesnt really change the internet, just like north korean's not being allowed to connect to the internet, also doesn't ruin the internet.

11 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Who do you think operates the backbones of the US networks? The big ISPs. They control that too.

as you put it yourself "US networks" :-)

Just now, pmos said:

as you put it yourself "US networks" :-)

Yes, and if my traffic happens to go through that backbone, it is susceptible to these net neutrality issues where it can be throttled for example, due to the ISP having access to the data that flows through the backbone.

4 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Yes, and if my traffic happens to go through that backbone, it is susceptible to these net neutrality issues where it can be throttled for example, due to the ISP having access to the data that flows through the backbone.

I don't know what country you are from.. but for many contries, that would mean to reroute around them so they don't break the laws many countries have, and that means less money for the american network companies, something they do not wish :-)

Just now, pmos said:

I don't know what country you are from.. but for many contries, that would mean to reroute around them so they don't break the laws many countries have, and that means less money for the american network companies, something they do not wish :-)

I'm from the UK.

If I am watching a programme on Amazon Prime for example, and the stream I'm using is on a server in say...Canada....I could still be affected by this ruling, even if neither the source or destination are the US.

Now whilst this is purely hyperthetical, let's pretent it's real. For example, the data from Amazon's data centre in Canada could route south into the US and then across the Atlantic to my home here in the UK. The time that the data is travelling across US pipelines, it is susceptible to this ruling.

Just now, MickelC said:

My friend is a tech guy. We were discussing net neutrality and the concequences American people will face if this becomes a law. He said there is always a way, people will start using VPN and VPS services to hide their IP address. 
The thing is Internet is supposed to be a free world, the governments and corporations are trying to make it a paid service which will not be accepted easily. 

From what I can gather, even VPN services can be throttled. Sure, they can't see the contents of whats being sent via the VPN, but they will know you're using a VPN, such as TunnelBear. So they can just throttle all TunnelBear traffic. It's a slippery road.

35 minutes ago, MickelC said:

The thing is Internet is supposed to be a free world, the governments and corporations are trying to make it a paid service which will not be accepted easily. 

Nothing in this world is free.

Trying to make it into a paid service? It already is a paid and widely accepted service.

41 minutes ago, MickelC said:

My friend is a tech guy. We were discussing net neutrality and the concequences American people will face if this becomes a law. He said there is always a way, people will start using VPN and VPS services to hide their IP address. 

If it's going to work as some say, that companies will have to pay providers to keep their speed, then it works on a whitelist basis, that more or less means that vpn providers will be just as slow unless they pay.... if so a vpn wont work :-/

16 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

Nothing in this world is free.

Trying to make it into a paid service? It already is a paid and widely accepted service.

the internet is free. What you pay is for the access.  ISPs want to change that, you could pay for the access and for the some parts of the internet, also manage the acess, some sites may be faster and others slower. That's the all point of this discussion.

see it as a public road, you pay taxes for the access but once you're there you go where you want. No imagine some roads you could go faster, others slower, others you just couldn't go at all. Some roads have better accesses, others were full of potholes. 

3 hours ago, ANNIHILATOR284 said:

only google fiber can save us now but only until they roll Skynet out

my area should have google fiber before it takes affect lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Google is probably the worst offender when it comes to censoring the internet because of their personal agenda... wake up guys...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

didn't some ISPs basically prevented Google to use current infrastructure or even make their own? o_o

yeah it been hard for them to roll out because of that.

Google fiber has been in my city of Atlanta but hasn't reached 40 mins outside of downtown yet even thought they have been here for like 3 years.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

the internet is free. What you pay is for the access.  ISPs want to change that, you could pay for the access and for the some parts of the internet, also manage the acess, some sites may be faster and others slower. That's the all point of this discussion.

see it as a public road, you pay taxes for the access but once you're there you go where you want. No imagine some roads you could go faster, others slower, others you just couldn't go at all. Some roads have better accesses, others were full of potholes. 

Your analogy is an argument against “net neutrality” regulations. Real world roads are that way and full of congestion. How does it take the government to improve or fix a road?

2 hours ago, MickelC said:

Vpns wouldn't work becuase ISP can see that your on a VPN and can throttle your speeds or block your VPN.

4 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

Your analogy is an argument against “net neutrality” regulations. Real world roads are that way and full of congestion. How does it take the government to improve or fix a road?

because the government is the only entity who can free a country held hostage by a consortium of ISPs. You really think ISPs had to reallocate money given to them by the federal government to upgrade their networks so they can NOT fuck with the internet? Well on second thought, maybe they did... in the form of lawyers to lobby for repeal.

Now that they can throttle connections, they don't HAVE to upgrade the network.

They will do the same thing cellphone carriers did with data plans. started out everyone had unlimited data. now you have to choose based on your bandwidth.

and no one bats an eye anymore.

cattle.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

18 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hopefully it doesn't get past Congress and doesn't get repealed

Congress cant tell the FCC to stop. The FCC has the authority to make all decisions in this case. All Congress can do it write a bill demanding that these protects remain in place. BUT that requires the President to sign it in to law. Which is doubtful. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Congress cant tell the FCC to stop. The FCC has the authority to make all decisions in this case. All Congress can do it write a bill demanding that these protects remain in place. BUT that requires the President to sign it in to law. Which is doubtful. 

Yes they can, if they choose to convene a review. That is what checks and balances are... They can stop anything the executive branch (and its agencies) attempts.

System specs:

11 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Google is probably the worst offender when it comes to censoring the internet because of their personal agenda... wake up guys...

but they plan on keeping google fiber in a few months like it was two days ago.

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

but they plan on keeping google fiber in a few months like it was two days ago.

don't be so naive. fibre=/=unfettered access.

not any more. search google shopping for 5.56x45mm m193. see if you get ONE RESULT for ammunition. Google is abhorently anti-2A. How long do you think it'll take for them to throttle the SHIT out of pro-2A websites like Full30?

System specs:

8 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

because the government is the only entity who can free a country held hostage by a consortium of ISPs. You really think ISPs had to reallocate money given to them by the federal government to upgrade their networks so they can NOT fuck with the internet? Well on second thought, maybe they did... in the form of lawyers to lobby for repeal.

Now that they can throttle connections, they don't HAVE to upgrade the network.

They will do the same thing cellphone carriers did with data plans. started out everyone had unlimited data. now you have to choose based on your bandwidth.

and no one bats an eye anymore.

cattle.

Cellphone companies have brought back “unlimited” plans. 

Lol at governments “freeing” the Internet. When has a government not fucked something up? Medicare, Social Security, VA healthcare, drivers license offices DMVs, etc are all lumbering sloths. 

All this talk about “Net Neutrality” is in name only. 

yeah @beavo451 is right and I fucking hate that he is because the internet is suck a great place and the government is fucking it up taking down the only thing keeping it from ISP just ass raping us