When will net neutrailty repeal take affect

Okay so I know that this repeal is going to have to go through the courts, and I now multiple companies are already planning law suits and assuming that Congress won't take action till next 4 to 6 years

when can we expect the ISP to begin being assholes ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Now that Net Neutrality is gone, what now?

Should we look into getting a VPN to circumvent the things to come?  Would it even help at all?

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

when can we expect the ISP to begin being assholes ?

Begin? They already are. 

You can probably expect ISPs to already have their plans drawn up, ready to be put into action as soon as it passes. Hard to say when that will actually be. It could go through court smoothly, it could get held up for years or it could not pass at all. 

2 minutes ago, Gamingfreek said:

Should we look into getting a VPN to circumvent the things to come?  Would it even help at all?

ips's can block vpns
also, please read this : 
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/14/the-fcc-just-repealed-net-neutrality-what-happens-next/?ncid=mobilenavtrend

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

5 minutes ago, Gamingfreek said:

wont matter. you ISP will be able to throttle (or outright block access), unabated, to whatever IP it is connecting to. if that end of the line is netflix, the entire line gets throttled. There is no way to circumvent it. And they don't even have to tell you why, or when.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

me waiting for when I get home and cannot get on anything.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hopefully it doesn't get past Congress and doesn't get repealed

thought it was technically passed but congress has the power to repeal it or change the law.

Ohh god, im scared for what's going to happen to gaming personally. I spend too much time online for this shit dammit :( 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

We got time, and a lot of people are starting to get pissed off. Now that they have gone and actually repealed it people are going to lose their shit. I've seen many non-tech savvy friends on FB ranting about this. Also the minimum time it would take would be 2 years, because most people are on a 2-year contract with their ISPs meaning until that 2-year contract is up, you run under the same regulations of that contract. However, people would go apeshit if they had to start paying not get their speeds to Netflix throttled.

2 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Ohh god, im scared for what's going to happen to gaming personally. I spend too much time online for this shit dammit :( 

move to canada lol, but seriously pretty sure you will have to buy the " Games " package with things like steam.

Your in a contract with your ISP, which is typically 2 years, so whenever that 2-year time period is up is whenever they can change the contract if you choose to renew your internet, however like I've said on other posts, if they go and start throttling speeds people will go apeshit, worse than Reddit vs EA, and the fear of having stocks drop would keep internet companies in place for now.

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

move to canada lol, but seriously pretty sure you will have to buy the " Games " package with things like steam.

GOD NO 

Screenshot_20171031-153700.png.9728dbb345197a38745bff86e58a8d04.thumb.png.620a48762179eb9b232b2494b4281e0a.png

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Your in a contract with your ISP, which is typically 2 years, so whenever that 2-year time period is up is whenever they can change the contract if you choose to renew your internet, however like I've said on other posts, if they go and start throttling speeds people will go apeshit, worse than Reddit vs EA, and the fear of having stocks drop would keep internet companies in place for now.

not if, WHEN they start to throttle speeds, they don't have to tell you why. ...and because net neutrality which gave unprecedented transparency to consumers is now gone, they can do it for whatever reason they want and not face any repercussions, the FTC be damned. I don't know WHY those schmucks in the FCC kept babbling on that the FTC could hold ISPs accountable. They aren't required to spill their guts about service any more.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Hahaha I love being in Brazil now, providers are forbidden by national federal law to limit domestic internet, meaning that even if the speeds are not blazing fast, still very decent though, I can download the world by law [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

I hope this is what happens and it gets stopped next year.

4 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

GOD NO 

Screenshot_20171031-153700.png.9728dbb345197a38745bff86e58a8d04.thumb.png.620a48762179eb9b232b2494b4281e0a.png

we most hold strong and pray the meme gods save us.

Uhhh. They've been throttling speeds for a LONG time. They never obeyed net neutrality. What are you on about? If it was even remotely obeyed, my "unlimited" plans would never have goten throttled at any point. Yet they constantly are. All the time. Ignorance is not a point of view.

Edit: I'm 50/50 on NN. Its good on paper, but it never solved the issue. I still think we need something else.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

not if, WHEN they start to throttle speeds, they don't have to tell you why. ...and because net neutrality which gave unprecedented transparency to consumers is now gone, they can do it for whatever reason they want and not face any repercussions, the FTC be damned. I don't know WHY those schmucks in the FCC kept babbling on that the FTC could hold ISPs accountable. They aren't required to spill their guts about service any more.

crazy but people get off there computer to protest occasionally :D

Also riot

Image result for riot guy meme

2 minutes ago, Melano said:

Uhhh. They've been throttling speeds for a LONG time. They never obeyed net neutrality. What are you on about? If it was even remotely obeyed, my "unlimited" plans would never have goten throttled at any point. Yet they constantly are. All the time.

Edit: I'm 50/50 on NN. Its good on paper, but it never solved the issue. I still think we need something else.

I hate specifically blocking of websites they don't like that seems unfair that the corporations dislike of other companies can screw over other people.

Long as there not throttling to the point of it not being usable its okay but I prefer to get the speeds I pay for.

I think net neutrality is essential for the web as we know it. I also think that it can't become partisan. Just because net neutrality was put into place under the Obama administration shouldn't discount the significance of these rules. Everyone should write to their representatives in Congress so they can overrule the repeal.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

I agree if we take out the pillars in which the internet is built on then how long until it becomes as watered down as television.